• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Secret Weapon 7 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
except Queuelines need concrete pouring and frozen conditions will not help that. That was one of the issues with Th13teen.

If I recall from my Product Design studies correctly normal concrete becomes more or less impossible to pour at 3 degrees C. This is due to the water separating and freezing. All it'll take is a harsh winter to really mess up plans. Ideally I'd hope they have all the footers and foundations in for the end of October, as after then the temperature is going to start to drop.

It also doesn't help that the resort isn't the easiest place for access. Once past Cheadle those roads aren't great for HGVs in the best of weather, yet alone snow and ice!

I know it's easy to worry and start to panic about timeframes and such - particularly from past experiences within the park. However, I would be fairly sure that many eventualities have been planned for - such as cold weather, wet weather and other prolonged periods of difficult or changeable conditions.

I wouldn't worry too much yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

A few photos I got at Towers yesterday.

P1130186.jpg

P1130182.jpg

P1130189.jpg

P1130187.jpg

P1130194.jpg

P1130192.jpg

The hole has got bigger since last week, it's going to be very interesting to what happens with it. A few of us were trying to work out what it could be for over the weekend but it seems a bit of a mystery.

Once again TowersStreet are free to use my photos if they wish!

:)

I presume that even if the ground is paved, bricked or tarmac'ed, it may need a concrete base or the fencing may need concrete to be fitted?

As a general rule I tend not to speculate on ride themes. If you look into them in too much detail there’s a very slim chance you’ll guess everything right. There’s also a very likely chance you’ll have what you feel is a better idea and just be disappointed they didn’t use it. Add to that all the hour we spent speculating Th13teens story only for it not to have one.

However I think this Ministry of Joy back-story is growing on me. It’s actually quite compatible with Oblivion in the sense that it’s another form of experimentation.

I’d also like it note that although I’m against the plans for the station design those Photoshopped images look amazing. As I’ve said before I’m not against run down themes but they have to look exaggerated in there run down nature. As such they feel like they’re actually part of a theme rather than as an excuse for poor maintenance.

Yes, most of the exterior paths will have a concrete base to them. They will probably also be cementing fences in place as well. Given it's paving being used here I'd say that means more concrete will be used than if it were tarmac, to ensure a solid base to lay them on.

Remember as well, it's not just queuelines here. They have a whole plaza to build in front of the ride!

Well that depends how it goes over the next few weeks. If this rain we've been having doesn't hold up they'll be having problems with the concrete washing away. I doubt the plaza bases will be down until track construction is complete. Given the track goes over it all they won't want to create a concrete plaza base, only for cranes and machinery to be sitting on it and potentially ruin it meaning it needs to be redone before the paving goes down. Wasn't Swarm's plaza all put down after the ride was more or less running if I remember rightly?

In terms of time-scale shouldnt we have had footers down already?

I guess the best coaster to compare this to (in terms of construction) would be Saw? Similar ride system, should technically be similar construction time (minus the land infilling etc). So, we're footers up already? I think they were and the station building taking shape of I remember correctly.

I believe by this point Saw was already having track put up. I would have hoped we'd at least have some footers in place by this point personally. Saw is probably the closest for us to compare to, but I think this should be a bit further ahead than Saw at this point, given the much more complex site we're working with. Both Saw and Th13teen were constructed on reasonably flat ground (Granted, Saw did need reclamation) whereas here hardly any of the site looks set to be flat. It's all undulating and will need some landscaping as well.

Just for a quick comparison to Saw: The Ride

Here is the site on the 17th of August

P1020079.JPG

And here it is on the 11th of September, the day it broke ground with Steel construction

P1020332.JPG

Sooo, in reality, I don't think we need to be that worried, it is perhaps a little behind on things, but I think it should all be okay! I mean, these things all happen very very quickly! Lets be honest, The Swarm didn't start track construction till October last year and that was ready well before opening! :)

I'd much prefer the Saw situation to be honest (without the dire conclusive ride). You can see there that, even 11 days before today, concrete foundations had already been laid well in advance of that photo being taken. Absolutely nothing has been done to the SW7 site with the exception of removing a few bricks and digging a huge hole.

Image from the King on Costerforce

Here is a picture edited on paint to give you a idea of how the way the rollercoaster enters being in relation to where the public exit section is.

DSCN1439.jpg

Key:
Yellow-Markers placed on site.
Green-Where I think later markers will be placed on the site, by the plans.
Blue-Foundation area for the public exit of the building.
Grey-Foundation walls.

Scott.Smith said:
Image from the King on Costerforce

Here is a picture edited on paint to give you a idea of how the way the rollercoaster enters being in relation to where the public exit section is.

DSCN1439.jpg

Key:
Yellow-Markers placed on site.
Green-Where I think later markers will be placed on the site, by the plans.
Blue-Foundation area for the public exit of the building.
Grey-Foundation walls.

That's wrong though the station is going to be in the much smaller pit just behind the big one. Plus you don't enter it at ground level.

Either way it's all looking good, but they really need to have built all the foundation by october ish

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.