• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Construction Updates and Ride Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Re: Secret Weapon 7 Discussion Continued

Yeah theres the ride and the testing wiring etc, but they have also got to make the queues and all the new brickwork areas. They have to get the queue fences up, then there's the shop to make as well as enterprise and submission and the rest of the park to maintain.

Well the rest of the park isn't maintained by this one single construction crew, so I doubt that will affect any deadlines...

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk, please excuse any ridiculous mistakes!

Could it be like this on Saw?

saw-the-ride.png

Just an excess bit of track to kind of pivot/hold the transfer track in place?

Re: Re: Secret Weapon 7 Discussion Continued

LordOfDarkness said:
Could it be like this on Saw?

saw-the-ride.png

Just an excess bit of track to kind of pivot/hold the transfer track in place?

I don't think the plans show that sort of transfer track, and if it did, it'd need to hold a train, much like Saw which holds a car.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

I think Lord of Darkness is referring to the stub of track that exists in rotating transfer track that sits to the opposite side if the track the train moves into. They seem to function as a safety piece to mount the buffer too but don't really accommodate a train.

Given the farcical nature of everything else about the project so far, they probably realised they built a straight piece too short for the ride to join up and made that little one to plug the gap.

Secret Weapon 7 Discussion Continued

I don't understand what is farcical about the project, unless I'm missing something? Seems to be running a bit late, but as far as I know nobody on here is aware of the schedule or program of works on site?
Seem like that small section of track could be as per the image above, an end section for the transfer section.

There are 3000 more feet of track to be worrying about here. Shall we move on?

Finally construction has finally heated up! Hopefully because this coaster is Gerstlauer won't take too long to build and the "Secret" and all the rest of the ride will be finished before opening day. I really hope that the "Secret" isn't the "Washing Machine" but i'm starting to have doubts about any other technological advanced element..... Although this track type can be easily manipulated earlier this year in Japan Gerstlauer built the world's first inverting spinning coaster... What if SW7 spins and possibly does the "Washing Machine" at the same time? But during the rest of the coaster we don't spin at all..? You never know.

Why does the Secret have to be a trick-track?

Dave said:
A fair point. I guess because everything else has been done?

I don't know, maybe it's the cars? :-\ It's hard to tell at the moment, it could be anything...
Maybe the restraints.... I don't know...

DiogoJ42 said:
Dave said:
A fair point. I guess because everything else has been done?

I think the term "World Beating" is suggestive myself. I really doubt there will be any significant trick track.

I hope you are right Dave. :)

I think we're very likely to see the inversion record.

Perhaps with the tumble dryer / washing machine type element too.

The mixture of Alton Towers using 'world beating' and 'world first' leads me to believe they could be aiming for the inversion record, as well as a secret element of some sorts.

Either that or the marketing team couldn't make their minds up on what wording to use. :p

They proved with Collosus that they consider an inversion record as both a record breaker and world first as the used the world-first 10 inversion coaster on the marketing at Thorpe. So both terms would fit in with a ride that had an inversion record.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.