• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Construction Updates and Ride Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Re: Secret Weapon 7 Discussion Continued

I think if we see the face or the swirly logo on any kind of wheel it will be on Enterprise! :) It could look great! ;D

Tim said:
I have a feeling that turning one of London's most iconic landmarks into an advertisement might be met with some form of backlash. Not that I'm complaining.
Infact they're not allowed at all - it is one of their strict rules upon them.

They had a lot of issues with the one orange capsule for this reason.

I suggested a while ago that a smiley logo would look great on a spinning enterprise! Doubt it would happen though.
However i wonder where we'll see some advertising, doubt any adverts yet, but where else?

It would not surprise me if their marketing included some large campaigns in London, especially after the ambulance video.

Could they not project the logo onto the building next to the Eye, where the ticket offices for it are (I forget the name of the building)?

You can't advertise over the Thames, its an odd by-law.

I personally wouldn't be surprised if they ran a newspaper advert campaign, simply with the smiley logo and #getcorrected.

I think the Smiley face is strong enough to get embedded into peoples minds. The park could release adverts which don't even link the face to themselves, and people would remember it, then further down the line they could do a big reveal.

Well considering a giant glyph was floated across the skies of London to advertise Halo 4, I think it would be great to see something similar for SW7:

0uhEG.jpg

If they are going to amp up the marketing, then they really need to release the name of the ride. We've been seeing the smiley face and 'world beating' claims for several months now, and if that's all the new advertising campaign offers then I can't see how it would be that interesting, as it would be nothing we haven't seen before. Besides, the general public will want to put a real name next to the ride, otherwise they may well think it's actually called SW7 (unless somehow that's the name all along).

The ride is about three months away from opening, so surely the name reveal can't be asking for too much?

AshleeKel said:
If they are going to amp up the marketing, then they really need to release the name of the ride. We've been seeing the smiley face and 'world beating' claims for several months now, and if that's all the new advertising campaign offers then I can't see how it would be that interesting, as it would be nothing we haven't seen before. Besides, the general public will want to put a real name next to the ride, otherwise they may well think it's actually called SW7 (unless somehow that's the name all along).

The ride is about three months away from opening, so surely the name reveal can't be asking for too much?

If they are to try and get it open on opening day then it's barely 2 months away. I'd say the name will be revealed in the next 3 weeks.

When was oblivions name released? Wasn't before February was it?

Seeing as the marketing is going roughly down the oblivion route, I wouldn't be surprised if the name release follows that marketing timeframe. Get people to know the face first, then finally associate it to the name.

Just noticed this rumour from Ride Rater dated Wendsday the 14 of November.

WEDNESDAY 14 NOVEMBER
■Alton Towers will close at least one major ride next year following the addition of the SW7 rollercoaster.

Could this see the removal of Rita the parks launch coaster so SW7 can have the glory of the launch rollercoaster with the most inversions? :) I really cannot belive this went undetected! :eek: .

Why would they fix the scaffolding issue and the installation of the tray only to get rid of it?

Also Rita is essentially a NEW ride, so why would they get rid of it so early in its lifespan.

I don't know, I wasn't aware of that but I also found on the Alton Towers website that the Dark Forest fastrack is changing for 2013 which wouldn't make any sense, considering there not getting a new ride
Venture into the Dark Forest and experience two amazing rides with Fastrack access:
Rita
TH13TEEN Bolt on option: When you arrive you can Bolt on Oblivion or The Flume for just £3 at the Resort Box Office!

Coming Soon to 2013!

*rides included in the Fastrack Dark Forest are subject to change.

Rita won't be going anywhere for a few years, I'm sure of that. It's still an incredibly popular ride amongst the public, and for many is no doubt their favourite ride. Removing it would be a very stupid mistake for the park to make.

I doubt it'll be anything major though. Either an aging, small flat ride or at the most The Flume, but I can see that staying till the day it physically cannot operate anymore. The larger flats were in the LTDP to be removed after 2015, and given the work Ents and Subs are getting I think that's them ruled out.

My money is on something smaller like Frog Hopper or Gallopers. The only large attraction I can see going anywhere in the near future is Charlie, and that's not quite at the point of re-theme yet.

Joseph said:
I don't know, I wasn't aware of that but I also found on the Alton Towers website that the Dark Forest fastrack is changing for 2013 which wouldn't make any sense, considering there not getting a new ride
Venture into the Dark Forest and experience two amazing rides with Fastrack access:
Rita
TH13TEEN Bolt on option: When you arrive you can Bolt on Oblivion or The Flume for just £3 at the Resort Box Office!

Coming Soon to 2013!

*rides included in the Fastrack Dark Forest are subject to change.

That's a standard line. They've added it to all Fastracks on the site. It'll be to cover themselves incase any attractions are added or removed from Fastrack between now and the new season.

If I was to gamble on any "major attraction" going, it just has to be Nemesis, it's way past it's best and has had it's day.

Being serious, Spinball for me if any, or given I believe there have been rumblings around this website about issues with Hex... I wonder? I doubt, but I wonder.

If I was to gamble, my money would go on it being another Ride Rater vanity story plucked right out of thin air.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.