• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Construction Updates and Ride Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Secret Weapon 7 Discussion Continued

the grass circle has also been cut in half to a semi circle, the van theming could possibly go here?

Re: Secret Weapon 7 Discussion Continued

Wow, absolutely stunning. Although it looks hilarious shaping. Like Gerstlauer have tried to copy B&M's cobra roll, but have just shortened it. The bit between each inversion is massive. The batwing looks very strange, but that could just be the angle. The pit is deep enough to please me, and makes the inversion much closer to the paths. The drop out of the station looks very nice, and is quite a large fall.

The footers is well, they appear to be in three different styles- which is very weird. There's round, square and sunken ones- which doesn't make much sense to me. I wonder if the uneven terrain forces this.

The thing that I'm most interested in is the- what appears to be- station. If that is the station, it is only a single loading station, and this makes me again question whether the throughput will be high enough. Even with the trains, potentially this could be a struggle.

And let me just reintroduce the plans:

sw7planoverview.png

side-elevation.png

The first thing that I notice is how much bigger the pit is- although we knew that before. But, as I look closer into it, we can see how the plans have changed- and quite considerably. The bit of the station that sticks out and is curved, and the batwing goes over, may not happen. Well, unless the supports go through the roof and the foundations appear miraculously. But, looking at the side view plans show the supports being very condensed on the roof, which means it could happen?

I think I'd probably prefer it outside, in terms of non-rider perspective, as it would look nice- like pre-lifts on B&M inverts, hyper etc. that have the small curving drop outside the station, and also Thirteen.

Another thing I notice is the large amount of banking, and a quite large turn, coming out of the cobra roll on the far side- near the pre-lift. Due to this, I reckon we could possibly see a corkscrew- adding to the inversion record- and definitely a larger curve compared to the one shown on the plans.

Finally, regarding the path that goes underneath the knot, there are no signs of this yet. Hopefully, this will mean that the bottom of the cobra roll and the batwing are each underground- in a tunnel, as this would be fantastic of riders and non-riders alike. See pictures of Colossus to see what I mean.

Also, talking about paths, will the whole of X-sector be re-paved, because it looks as if they've taken all the paving stones off.

TT have just uploaded another picture onto their Facebook page.

I guess they overloaded their servers by hyping everyone up.

In unrelated news Disney are doing their bit to advertise SW7 too:

224956_10151313717797871_1510924293_n.jpg

Honestly who else has seen this Advert and immediately thought of that face.

;)

One thing that I find most interesting about the mysterious pit is not the fact that the section of the ride is much lower than first thought, it's the fact that the whole floor area there has been concreted. At a first assumption you would guess that this area was to be covered over and made as an underground section. However with the track height it makes me wonder even more what will actually happen in that area.

All that concrete will have be covered up one way or another surly? Otherwise you'll be left with a pretty ugly looking part of a ride with all that concrete exposed, even more so as the years go on. The pit still baffles me, there are many other ways they could have gone around it.

Its worrying how little has been done at the other end of the site and the appearance of concrete walls suggests the work they have planned up there is more complex than i first thought even.

Well I really have no idea how this is going to turn out. The whole thing is so confusing.

On another note, there's still lots of groundwork to do by the looks of things, which isn't good.

:)

I still don't think it does follow the plans though, as for one, I think it is way too close to the knot for any building to be built over it, and also, it would have to return into the station? And, forgive me if I'm wrong, but to me, it doesn't look like it goes in the right direction at all. I know that nobody agrees, but I'm still going to state my opinion.

I'm also going to put it out there, that I don't think (if they are covering anything) that they're covering the bit before the station, I think it's the bit at the end of the bit coming out of the station. They're right next to each other, and the box covers both bits, so why not?

I think we'll be having more or less what was on the plans as well. The ride in the plans was made in NL by Alton (Wardley?), so I imagine that the layout was then handed to Gerst who altered the ride to make it accurate and safe to turn into a real ride, but possibly making things a little more compact or steeper for added intensity and scares.

Anything could happen in that underground section, though most now agree that there's going to be a barrel-roll or two in there somewhere.

:)

There is one Barrel roll (the one TT have covered for some reason) in the building it seems so IF our theory about the inversion count record is true they need to fit 4 more inversions outside than on the plans to get to 13 which would beat the Japanese park's 12.

If it isn't the inversion count Towers have gone for then i have no idea but i am 110% certain they don't have any trick track on this ride.

It's exactly how it is on the plans, only lower.

Hard to tell if the the curved part of the station is happening, but the barrel roll will be covered.

The only reason for obscuring it I can think of is that there's going to be three rolls to get the inversions to 11.

Blaze said:

Hard to tell if the the curved part of the station is happening, but the barrel roll will be covered.

The only reason for obscuring it I can think of is that there's going to be three rolls to get the inversions to 11.

But its obvious they haven't built 3 rolls as the second picture TT posted proves they haven't built more than 1 yet (so why obscure) and if you can fit 3 in there and still have the lift-hill as planned i am the queen.

Theres probably nothing there to hide, its just to get rumours and interest going...

If they're going to get the inversion record then they're either going to have to at least be joint or beat this contraption! Does Alton really want to share a record with 'Hebei Zhongye Metallurgical Equipment Manufacturing Co.,Ltd'? :p

Dave said:
Blaze said:

But its obvious they haven't built 3 rolls as the second picture TT posted proves they haven't built more than 1 yet (so why obscure) and if you can fit 3 in there and still have the lift-hill as planned i am the queen.
They can easily fit two more in there if they curve them around. The lift hill doesn't start until after the spider/midpoint, so there's easily room.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.