• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Construction Updates and Ride Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
spin_doctor said:
I literally cannot wait until this element is revealed. I'm gonna post the trolololol video in every thread. :D
Someones pretty certain.
I honestly don't believe in the washing machine element, and I just can't see it happening, theres no proof, that is totally reliable, except you and your information that isnt easy to believe, trust me, when you go bragging and big headded like this.

Three major inversions are missing...

1) Dive Loop (following the first Inverting Drop)
2) Dive Loop (following the first Dive Loop)
3) Corkscrew/Inline (following the Cobra Roll)

The dive loops are definitely in the final ride as they are on the plans and the AR image. The inversion after the cobra roll will be included too in my opinion.

The section labelled 'Top Secret' has 7 hidden items located within - now it says:

The Smiler Game App said:
'Secret World First - Revealed May 2013'

I don't think all 7 items are classed as being Worlds First, just that its telling you that a Worlds First will be revealed in May 2013. So I think 2 or 3 of the said items could be the three from above (the dive loops could be classed as one). So that still leaves 4 or 5 of them...

:)

Maya said:
spin_doctor said:
I literally cannot wait until this element is revealed. I'm gonna post the trolololol video in every thread. :D
Someones pretty certain.
I honestly don't believe in the washing machine element, and I just can't see it happening, theres no proof, that is totally reliable, except you and your information that isnt easy to believe, trust me, when you go bragging and big headded like this.

Where would they put it? As from what I can see, the track after the roll underneath the station is just for breaks leading into the first lift? I was adamant there would be a launch under there, however now there just isn't going to be space for it, let alone what I imagine would be a massive piece of kit to house and operate said element.

What makes you so adamant that it's happening can I ask? Source?

Posted by ColinM on www.ukrides.info

IMG-20130227-WA0000_zpsa189d94e.jpg

Brick relaying shall commence. ;)

Rob said:
EDIT:

Comparing the overhead view from the plans with that of the game:

sw7planoverview.png

nerazy4a.jpg

I personally think it is clear to see that not all of the inversions are currently unlockable in the game. The game shows no track in the big rectangular "cut out" at the bottom right of the layout. Track clearly will go in here, we know this from construction photos. So the game appears to be hiding a few inversions, but weirdly these inversions are on the plans!

Once again another great post goes pretty much totally under the radar. That is a great spot Rob, and actually, when you compare those plans to the map, particularly the bottom right corner as you say, there is another inversion there on plan, not on game.

There is still the 15 rotations mentioned in the vid also.

15 all the way for me, with elements hidden as per Robs eagle eyes.

I also now have hopes we wont be getting prodded in the back, though I haven't opened those elements on the game yet.

I am also still hopefully of rolling launch elements, given the nod to that with in game boost, and a couple of spuriously straight bits of track in the plans... who knows with this thing though!

May I say Oblivion is looking sexy in its new coat :D

Also, looking at that new image it appears the new air gates are already in place and a structure of scaffolding seems to have been erected in the pit near to the indoor heartline. Hmmm.

I would much prefer those people laying bricks to be laying track but meh! Also, whoa! Blivvy is looking mighty fine!

TheMan said:
Rob said:
EDIT:

Comparing the overhead view from the plans with that of the game:

sw7planoverview.png

nerazy4a.jpg

I personally think it is clear to see that not all of the inversions are currently unlockable in the game. The game shows no track in the big rectangular "cut out" at the bottom right of the layout. Track clearly will go in here, we know this from construction photos. So the game appears to be hiding a few inversions, but weirdly these inversions are on the plans!

Once again another great post goes pretty much totally under the radar. That is a great spot Rob, and actually, when you compare those plans to the map, particularly the bottom right corner as you say, there is another inversion there on plan, not on game.

There is still the 15 rotations mentioned in the vid also.

15 all the way for me, with elements hidden as per Robs eagle eyes.

I also now have hopes we wont be getting prodded in the back, though I haven't opened those elements on the game yet.

I am also still hopefully of rolling launch elements, given the nod to that with in game boost, and a couple of spuriously straight bits of track in the plans... who knows with this thing though!

In the actual gameplay I have got some track that goes into the bottom right corner, I got it when I bought "Pretzel and Dive Loops" I think :)

Longy said:
Posted by ColinM on www.ukrides.info

IMG-20130227-WA0000_zpsa189d94e.jpg

Brick relaying shall commence. ;)

Gushing all over that photo, looks awesome. Even the repainted sign with the Fried Chicken Co. poster got me smiling lots! Does the new brick laying point towards the view that they want to open half of X-Sector when the park re opens perhaps? :)

That's a stunning picture, really goes to show just how much of an impact this ride will have on the area as you walk in! Considering there's not even all of the track up yet, X Sector is going to look so unbelievably intimidating - something many of us have been crying out for for years!

I really like how low into the ground the 'knot' is. It's a weird way of saying it but I think there will be a lot of intimacy between the ride and the spectators, it all seems very close.

Also, Oblivion's turn-around looks fantastic.

This is an image of the area where the photo was taken (Well, as close as Google Maps allowed) in 2009.

2157d784b25d4e4bbf018cd.png

It's pretty amazing how much the area has changed in such a short space of time!

Regarding "the flasher", it surely must be inside. For a light to be bright enough to fight daylight, it would have to be bright enough to do serious eye damage. :p

spin_doctor said:

The objection on this is mostly people not wanting to believe that such an awful idea would be considered by the park. If it happens, it won't be egg on or faces, but egg on the creative department of Merlin for implementing a gimmick that nobody wants

DiogoJ42 said:
Regarding "the flasher", it surely must be inside. For a light to be bright enough to fight daylight, it would have to be bright enough to do serious eye damage. :p

Well the game adds them both inside and out. I wonder if the outdoors one will just be the flash guns for the PicSolve cameras :)

EuroSatch said:
spin_doctor said:

The objection on this is mostly people not wanting to believe that such an awful idea would be considered by the park. If it happens, it won't be egg on or faces, but egg on the creative department of Merlin for implementing a gimmick that nobody wants

I somewhat agree, but it will be egg on the faces of the people that say it's not going to happen with any sense of certainty, because it is going to happen, and that's the long and short of it. Whether it's a good decision or not I'm unsure, what I am sure of though is the general public will rush to tell their friends about it no doubt. Which from a business standpoint, is all that matters.

spin_doctor said:
EuroSatch said:
spin_doctor said:

I somewhat agree, but it will be egg on the faces of the people that say it's not going to happen with any sense of certainty, because it is going to happen, and that's the long and short of it. Whether it's a good decision or not I'm unsure, what I am sure of though is the general public will rush to tell their friends about it no doubt. Which from a business standpoint, is all that matters.

Yeah, but it's not going to happen! Do you like egg on your face?

I can see where and when back pokers would work on this ride.....when you get 'Inoculated' it would be then.

Still don't want them.....been on two things with them (Shed Terra and the ones in the BP Dungeon) and hated them.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.