• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Construction Updates / Ride Speculation Part 2 *SPOILER FREE*

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Re: [The Smiler] Construction Updates and Ride Speculation Part 2

Shame they didn't have them out on display like Busch did with one of the Sheikra trains before that opened. :p

No more actual track updates from today?

EDIT - Don't know why I didn't just look myself :-[ Second inverted drop looks to be nearly finished, and more supports are going in (not sure what for though):

534006_552005341497315_749049651_n.jpg

526429_552008581496991_2099443719_n.jpg

Rob said:
I personally can't see there being an inverted lift (and I owe someone a chocolate bar over a bet about one if there is so there had better not be :p ). The only thing that does partly hint that there might be is the possible 15th inversion. However 14 was the initial and very strong rumour and staff on park seem to think it will just be 14. I may be on park tomorrow so if I am I'll take a look at the supports for the first lift, though from what I remember they seem very conventional.

:)

It's a standard lift hill with a chain and 14 invertions.
The secret is in the station, at least that's what I've been told.

Great to see a bit more track go up, the profiling of that 2nd drop looks great so far! Could be a fair bit of hang time potential at the top as you go over, can't wait to try it!

However, as far as the support goes, I can't work it out, as far as I was aware, all supports for the drops were in place and the track can span and self support in the gaps left currently. However the connector point on that piece seems to be on the side at an odd angle, which doesn't seem like it would match up with the lift-hill. Rather confusing :p

ChocolateStarfish said:
It's a standard lift hill with a chain and 14 invertions.
The secret is in the station, at least that's what I've been told.

Care to elaborate on this? ;)

Sammy said:

Lets just say I have a reliable contact at the park who tells me stuff. :)

All I will say is its obviously not track related as you have already seen that in place.
I can't go into to much detail as it may compromise people's jobs (we're not talking ride op's here either) but its reliable.

It always is reliable ::)

ChocolateStarfish said:
Sammy said:

All I will say is its obviously not track related as you have already seen that in place.
I can't go into to much detail as it may compromise people's jobs (we're not talking ride op's here either) but its reliable.

Fair enough, I'm not doubting you. However, if you think you could be risking peoples jobs and you know that you can't say anything more than "I know something, but I can't say it" It's probably just best to not say anything at all, otherwise it just annoys people and causes tension :p

Sounds interesting though, I was hoping for something a bit more to the inside :)

Sammy said:
ChocolateStarfish said:
Sammy said:

Fair enough, I'm not doubting you. However, if you think you could be risking peoples jobs and you know that you can't say anything more than "I know something, but I can't say it" It's probably just best to not say anything at all, otherwise it just annoys people and causes tension :p

Sounds interesting though, I was hoping for something a bit more to the inside :)

Fair comment, but I haven't told you anything you don't already know its just I didn't explain myself very well.
I'm not asking you to believe it, I'm just sharing what I know and can tell without compromising positions.
If you think it's trolling then fine I won't share the info. ;D

Sorry

Sammy said:
ChocolateStarfish said:
Sammy said:

That's more information than we've had from anywhere else thus far. Surely I wont be the only one just to think...

"Ooooh, that sounds interesting, thank you!"?

Regardless if anyone else gets annoyed or not, I reckon there are a few of us that appreciate a little nugget like that, whilst respecting that's as much as can be given away right now ;D

So thanks on my behalf at least mate!

ChocolateStarfish said:
Sammy said:
ChocolateStarfish said:
Sammy said:

Fair comment, but I haven't told you anything you don't already know its just I didn't explain myself very well.
I'm not asking you to believe it, I'm just sharing what I know and can tell without compromising positions.
If you think it's trolling then fine I won't share the info. ;D

Sorry

Thanks for sharing that with us! Don't be sorry!

Its something else to talk about ;D

People on here need to stop shooting people down as soon as they say something.

No one is shooting anyone down. Just merely doubting, which is perfectly fine. :)

I doubt it too. But still interesting nonetheless. I would be lead to believe the 'worlds first' will just be the number of inversions. But there's still a possibility a worlds first could be squeezed in somewhere or a 'secret' as described (I'm doing 2 plus 2 assuming the secret is the worlds first). I doubt it will be a secret element or anything track related. Could be something a bit different however. We shall see.

I did hear a rumour a while back that there would be an effect to create the "illusion" of spinning....

...and no its not a washing machine!!!

I will be more shocked now if there isn't something a bit different for a world first. They've advertised both repeatedly as we know.

I have no reason to disbelieve Mr Fish in anyway shape or form, not exactly one to shy away from his own strong opinions, it would be daft to mention this and leave yourself open to ridicule.

You have to take into account the balance of posts from a user, he gets my trust on this one, as he just doesn't seem the type to make something random like this up. This person likes a direct opinion, rather than faffing around with a very old and worn style of trolling.

I could be wrong of course, more fool him if I am - I back what he is saying though, whether THAT information he got is correct is another issue, but makes perfect sense to me, and after posting about Max RPM weeks ago, it made me realise how easy it is nowadays to throw something unusual into the pre-lift or indoors section.

Very interesting, and quite exciting - and let us not forget, JW HIMSELF said

"You will need to ride it yourself to find out".

That has suggested to me from the off, it will be inside.

For me, another piece of this intriguing ride just fitted into place - what's on that piece, is the interesting question now.

Ahh the legacy of Leyroy B&M, people distrust the "I know something but can't say" comment. Don't take it personally it's historic.

Back on topic, I genuinely believe the world-first is the fourteen inversions. The ride will have a few extra surprises though via the theming but I would put the marketable element as the inversion count.

How many inversions are identified on the game? Just there are few "top secret" items still to unlock..

There are 11 on the game. I believe it's missing two dive loops and one of the final two inversions (I think the penultimate one).

Just to make it clear, I wasn't shooting anybody down, I even stated in my post that I did not doubt the comments made! I was merely saying, if you think saying something it potentially going to risk somebodies job it might be best to not say anything at all! I was not intending for the comment to be nasty or snappy in any way! My apologies if it seemed that way.

It is also a little pet peeve of mine, being told part of something but not the rest, it just gets to me, it's nothing personally against anybody, I just dislike it.

Anyway, moving the discussion on, I do agree it would be great to see something extra non track wise in the building. Some sort of effects/videos similar to marmalisation, lots of subliminal flashing images, swirls, smoke and lights! Would be a great little intro to the ride prior to the lifthill.

I believe there are 7 'Top-Secret' unlock-able items on the game, and with only 3 known inversions left to unlock. This begs the question... What are the other 4 items! The plot thickens! I am guessing it must be something to do with inside the building or the Marmaliser?!

I agree - there are a few more secret unlockables, I think inversions are only part of the story....

I can see a bit of The Smiler Bedroom type effects happening in the station during dispatch, simple yet effective ;D

I think it's quite possible that the world first, world beating and secret elements could be three different things.

That's an opinion by the way because even though I do know a lot I'm not sure of the marketing and how certain things will be described.

And I understand the caution, that's fine, no offensive taken if you don't believe what i say.
If I'm wrong you will know not to trust me again, I'll take that risk. :)

I guess it's my own fault that I waded into coffee corner first and ruffled a few feathers, I apologise for that! Again.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.