• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Theme Park Meet Ups 2012

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Theme Park Meet Ups

Joelio said:
TTF won't do meets anymore anyway, loss prevention and all that, ifpeople aren't viewing the site then it's not making $$$$. ;)

And anyway, the meet dates we have seem fiiiiiiine.

That and it would look like an unscheduled EDF rally

Re: Theme Park Meet Ups

Satch said:
Joelio said:
TTF won't do meets anymore anyway, loss prevention and all that, ifpeople aren't viewing the site then it's not making $$$$. ;)

Surely you mean the EDL, Satch. ;)

Yes, and I have been desperately scrabbling around trying to modify it but we aren't allowed to edit our own posts!

Re: Re: Theme Park Meet Ups

Jonathan said:
Satch said:
Joelio said:

Surely you mean the EDL, Satch. ;)

I lol'd

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Satch said:
Yes, and I have been desperately scrabbling around trying to modify it but we aren't allowed to edit our own posts!

You can only modify your posts in one sub-forum, and it's not this one! :p

Eh, I dunno, I read it and imagined a group of people on a day out at Towers, trying at the same time to flog cheaper energy plans. Kinda worked.

"Swap to us and we'll give you fast track!"

Haha, I'll raise it with Craig :)

>>Edit - should now work. It was a problem with this particular sub forum apparently, but it should now be fixed :).

Just to clarify, TowersStreet has no plans to charge any members to attend meets. Our principles are based around the enjoyment of all members and not financial gain.

There will be a proper announcement with the guidelines soon, but just thought it should be mentioned.

I advise diehard Legoland fans to avoid Legoland meets if at all possible... Last meet we only spent 2ish hours at Legoland Windsor till we left and went to Thorpe Park and actually managed to have a "good" time! Queuing 5 minutes for Nemesis Inferior is way more satisfying than queuing half an hour for The Dragon. :p

Going to Theme Parks in the UK, Europe and beyond with those strange peoplez on t'internet?

Won't catch on tbh :p

Can I just ask? Will I need to get my mummy or daddy to sign a permission slip so I can attened a TowersStreet Social?

Thanks in advance,

Aly
Aged 24

Theme Park Meet Ups

Aly said:
Can I just ask? Will I need to get my mummy or daddy to sign a permission slip so I can attened a TowersStreet Social?

Thanks in advance,

Aly
Aged 24

No, but you will need your warden to

Sazzle said:
"Swap to us and we'll give you fast track!"

Haha, I'll raise it with Craig :)

>>Edit - should now work. It was a problem with this particular sub forum apparently, but it should now be fixed :).

Works a treat in here now, thanks! :)

Theme Park Meet Ups

LewisNavex said:
I advise diehard Legoland fans to avoid Legoland meets if at all possible... Last meet we only spent 2ish hours at Legoland Windsor till we left and went to Thorpe Park and actually managed to have a "good" time! Queuing 5 minutes for Nemesis Inferior is way more satisfying than queuing half an hour for The Dragon. :p

We queued about 20 minutes for dragon. Also In said 2 hours you couldn't see the whole park, you didn't even look at the actual miniland.
I love LL but when it chucks it with rain, not so much, do I left for Thorpe at 3 rather than the others 12 :p

I think the problem with LL was that many of us visited in 2010 and 11, and for a park with very little to offer for adult groups there wasn’t really anything we all wanted to do. A few people might have liked to do certain things, but there was no real consensus as to what was “must do”, other than Dragon, VRS and Atlantis. As a result many of us left for Thorpe rather than join one of the sub-groups round the park doing rides we'd done the year before and didn't really care about doing again.

I don’t mind visiting family/kiddy parks on a one off basis, but I’m not hugely fussed about going back unless there’s something you can endlessly re-ride or a major new attraction. When some of us went to Camelot earlier in the year it was the same story, and with one of their major rides closed there wasn't enough to do to

Aly said:

Thanks in advance,

Aly
Aged 24

You always make me laugh Aly. And that's from the groups MUM.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.