• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Theme Park Meet Ups 2012

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Re: Theme Park Meet Ups

John said:
I think the problem with LL was that many of us visited in 2010 and 11, and for a park with very little to offer for adult groups there wasn’t really anything we all wanted to do. A few people might have liked to do certain things, but there was no real consensus as to what was “must do”, other than Dragon, VRS and Atlantis. As a result many of us left for Thorpe rather than join one of the sub-groups round the park doing rides we'd done the year before and didn't really care about doing again.

I don’t mind visiting family/kiddy parks on a one off basis, but I’m not hugely fussed about going back unless there’s something you can endlessly re-ride or a major new attraction. When some of us went to Camelot earlier in the year it was the same story, and with one of their major rides closed there wasn't enough to do to
That all makes sense, but then I wonder why people choose Lego over London in the first place, or indeed why we include Lego in the South meet at all. Seems like a waste of time, if nothing else...

badger said:
Aly said:
Can I just ask? Will I need to get my mummy or daddy to sign a permission slip so I can attened a TowersStreet Social?

Thanks in advance,

Aly
Aged 24

You always make me laugh Aly. And that's from the groups MUM.

Perhaps you could sign my permission slip? We can't let Mr Hindhaugh find out though! He has a CANE!!!! :'(

Islander said:
That all makes sense, but then I wonder why people choose Lego over London in the first place, or indeed why we include Lego in the South meet at all. Seems like a waste of time, if nothing else...

Legoland was chosen by everyone over London that particular day as it was pretty much a dead cert that London would be rammed due to the Jubilee celebrations, and thus would make for rather an uncomfortable and probably rather stressful day. I guess Legoland seemed like the safer option.

I do think the weather on the day had an impact too, even at Thorpe Park, by late afternoon following a long downpour I felt rather subdued and ready to leave. Only the fact that Thorpe has much more to offer in terms of attractions that are worthy of a re-ride and we could re-ride due to it being so quiet, kept me there until the ride close.

I don't have any issue with Legoland. I think it is a very nice park, and on a better day with some nice weather it can be a good day out. Sadly it isn't really a park that is geared up towards a group of teens & adults visiting in a large number. There just isn't enough for us to do. That's no fault of Legoland, and of course we all know it is aimed at families with young children. Combine that with poor weather conditions of the day, it was understandable that most opted to leave to go elsewhere.

:)

I am now doing: Saturday of Staffs Sarnie, Sunday of Merlinpool and maybe Scarefest.

Should be attending Sunday of Merlinpool and if I'm doing well on the cash front, Saturday of Scarefest.

I will probably show my face at Scarefest but that's about it for me this year I think.
Hopefully will make some mini meets.

I can do every single meet now until the end of season, as my working days are pretty stable now. If anyone needs a iift and it's on my way or you can get to Retford or Newark train stations I will be happy to.

Due to recent events, You'll see me at every meet this season :p

I think you'll find me at Staffs Sandwich... I haven't had a good fix of Drayton this year.

Will there be the inevitable "Who's going" topic? :)

Benedique said:
I think you'll find me at Staffs Sandwich... I haven't had a good fix of Drayton this year.

But you might actually meet me and I will no longer be a figment of your imagination.

Staffordshire sandwich will be my first meet up so I'm just wondering how it works? Do we meet at a specific place? Or do I need to know someone already going so they can text me where to find everyone on the day?

It depends when you arrive M1ke, people tend to meet at the gates at park opening. If you aren't there at opening then take somebodies number before the meet, and text them to find the group on the day :)

I will probably be arriving about 9:30 because I'll be getting the train from Leicester so I guess I'll need to find someone who'll give me their phone number.

Once the 'Who's Going' topic goes up you should ask at least 3 people confirmed for the same date as you to switch numbers and as Benedique said text them on the day.
However there's a surefire chance that the next meet will be really big, although that still won't make finding the group easy, so it would be worth going to a micro/mini meet beforehand to get to know a few members just to ease yourself in better with a 20 plus group.

I'm jumping in at the deep end...

It should be fun, and I think I'll buy my MAP at the meet too, so I can go on more adventures with TST!

Well I know one person who's going from school and I have his number so I think I should be able to find everyone :)

Very small chance, can't make any promises, but I may be able to go Sandwich on the Saturday or Monday, or Mandyland.

Very small maybe, but we'll see.

:)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.