• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Theme Park Opening Meet: 16-17 March 2013

Re: NEXT MEET: Theme Park Opening Meet: 16-17 March 2013

Poison Tom 96 said:
Mikey:SubTerra said:
Poison Tom 96 said:
I've been a long time follower on TT, and moved to TS - but just don't post often. I would love to get involved in meets, but would be coming on my own. Is it easy to get involved, how do meets work (i'm new to this, but would love to do it :))?
I would just travel down for the day.

Meets work by everyone meeting up and doing things.....check out the meet guidelines :D

There's no need to be sarcastic. There is no clear link to information or guidelines in this forum or the sub forum named "Archives".

I didn't mean for it to be sarcastic! :( I am sorry.

People travel to location by themselves/get a lift etc. We meet say in Splash Landings lobby at X time (Say 8:45am for a normal meet) The meet itself has no strict activities.....anyone can suggest ANYTHING and it will be considered and the meet may break into smaller factions dependant on these suggestions. Might be wise to get a members mobile no in case you are late or something or lose the group.

Travel would be to Uttoxeter station then the 32a First bus if public transport.

Sorry for the snappy reply :p I've had a few wines :)
I would love to join everyone, the meets sound fun - I would drive to the resort, so would meet at the hotels. Thanks for the info PoisonTom :)

Would anyone happen to have a space knocking around on park for the Saturday night? Pleaseee :)

I shall hopefully be there both days, work depending! :)

Looking forward to it!

Poison Tom 96 said:
Poison Tom 96 said:
I've been a long time follower on TT, and moved to TS - but just don't post often. I would love to get involved in meets, but would be coming on my own. Is it easy to get involved, how do meets work (i'm new to this, but would love to do it :))?

Meets work by everyone meeting up and doing things.....check out the meet guidelines :D

There's no need to be sarcastic. There is no clear link to information or guidelines in this forum or the sub forum named "Archives".

I didn't mean for it to be sarcastic! :( I am sorry.

People travel to location by themselves/get a lift etc. We meet say in Splash Landings lobby at X time (Say 8:45am for a normal meet) The meet itself has no strict activities.....anyone can suggest ANYTHING and it will be considered and the meet may break into smaller factions dependant on these suggestions. Might be wise to get a members mobile no in case you are late or something or lose the group.

Travel would be to Uttoxeter station then the 32a First bus if public transport.

Sorry for the snappy reply :p I've had a few wines :)
I would love to join everyone, the meets sound fun - I would drive to the resort, so would meet at the hotels. Thanks for the info PoisonTom :)

I would certainly suggest coming on a meet! They are so much fun, we are a site which dont really take ourselves too serious and our meets never follow a strict pattern, its generaly a day of rides, chats, faffing and fun! We are all a friendly bunch and most meets usually have one or two new members anyway!

More details about where and when to meet usually come closer to the time, if not hang around near the towers street for park opening and look for a large group of people blocking a footpath making alot of noise!

Is anyone looking at needing a room for Saturday night? I have a 50% off voucher for ATH which would make the whole room price £93.75 so if anyone wants to share and split, I'm more than happy to use this :)

I'll be travelling from Staffordshire for this one... :twirly:

Minus the famous coat! :(

Also will be departing to the Vane Saturday night, I think I've got a space in the car. So if you would like a lift please PM me...

I am looking forward to this, will be great to be back on a meet, and looking forward to stopping over at Towers again.

Where are people planning to eat on Saturday night?

Ian

The only restaurant I've eaten in is the Secret Garden, but that was years ago. I'd be happy trying anywhere, if I'm honest :)

AshleeKel said:
The only restaurant I've eaten in is the Secret Garden, but that was years ago. I'd be happy trying anywhere, if I'm honest :)
I personally really enjoy secret garden, find it a really nice area to eat :)

Drinking games at the Vane anybody?

We will try and be kind :p Im sure you will have a great time, we are a friendly (if strange at times) bunch!

Not sure if I'm working or not! If I'm not of course I will be attending!

I'll be able to attend on the sunday! Can't wait, the february half term meet was great, really looking forward to opening weekend!

same here, except on saturday. had great fun on my first meet during feb half term. you're all crazy, but alot of fun.

Sadly I wont be attending this meet, as I will be too busy working at a far superior 'Theme Park'*

Hope you all have a great time though, and I expect lots of lovely updates to be posted on the TS Facebook for me to nosy at on my breaks ;)

*Term 'Theme Park' used in the loosest way possible! ;)

Sammy said:
Sadly I wont be attending this meet, as I will be too busy working at a far superior 'Theme Park'*

Hope you all have a great time though, and I expect lots of lovely updates to be posted on the TS Facebook for me to nosy at on my breaks ;)

*Term 'Theme Park' used in the loosest way possible! ;)

We'll be sure to relay any breakdowns to you and seek out your advice in dealing with the problem as quickly as possible! :p

It will be my first meet too! Hopefully will get to meet you there! :)