• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

...why just Ghost Train? I can't be the only one that seems rather iffy about the name.

It's not A Ghost Train or The Ghost Train, just plain old Ghost Train. I honestly thought that was a working title until they had an actual name for it.

Then again given Merlin's name choices over the years, I really shouldn't be all that surprised.
It's a bad name, but at least it is better than 'Stealth' for a noisy Intamin Accelerator.

I’m so glad to see the swarm getting some love it looks great, I just with they would add the wood theming back to the church

Also like how the saw alive area can open up a big space for future events along with the lost city concrete slab , instead of it being crowded into the dock yard area!

I’m a big fan of all the updates the park are doing this year as they really will make a difference to the look and presentation of the park!!

The Swarm is a ride that Merlin could afford to become dilapidated, as it would complement the theme. However, the fact that the TV screens should now be working again and that the church is receiving some work should be able to make The Swarm that extra bit more compelling. However, the ground around Swarm Island needs some work; it's supposed to be a post-apocalyptic battleground, but the floor is untouched as if it was any normal day!

The park have shared some exciting concept art and details about the new 'Ghost Train' on the Passholders group!
331772777_2484977554991851_4913817966835074482_n.jpg

Morning all! We noted some of you have some questions about our new Ghost Train - so we're opening up the floor today for you to ask your burning questions
😃

However, we still want to keep what happens inside top secret! So any questions we don't want to answer we'll simply stay quiet
🤐

⏰
A lot of queries surrounded the aesthetic and time period. The story takes place in a pre-digital age, somewhere between the 1970s and 1990s.

🚉
Much like the British Railway network 'Thorpe Junction' was constructed in the Victorian era it has since been modernised similar to stations you'll see across the UK. Some good references are Beeston and Kettering stations.

🖼
We've also included a little exclusive peek at some spoiler-free concepts!

And remember... work in progress people
😉

The park have shared some exciting concept art and details about the new 'Ghost Train' on the Passholders group!
331772777_2484977554991851_4913817966835074482_n.jpg
Noticed a poster saying Thorpe Rail...don't tell me that Merlin have entered the railway industry by having their own operating company on the national network? :p Can't do worse than the rest...

I absolutely love the posters they put on there! Really like the Art Deco Look to it. Let's hope they actually end up on the facade!

Where are you getting Art Deco from? The inspiration is adding 1970/80s British Rail paint to a Victorian rail station.
Victorian is not art deco.

Thorpe mentioned Kettering as inspiration and this image reflects what they are going for, Victorian with added paint.
maxresdefault.jpg

At least they're trying I guess. Maybe the budget isn't quite as shoe string as expected.

Still not holding out much hope for the actual ride experience though.

Where are you getting Art Deco from? The inspiration is adding 1970/80s British Rail paint to a Victorian rail station.
Victorian is not art deco.

Thorpe mentioned Kettering as inspiration and this image reflects what they are going for, Victorian with added paint.
maxresdefault.jpg
I think he's referring to the posters which are in the art deco style that has been emulated by various operators since to advertise destinations.