• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

The park have shared some exciting concept art and details about the new 'Ghost Train' on the Passholders group!
331772777_2484977554991851_4913817966835074482_n.jpg

‘Work in progress’

Isn’t it meant to be opening in a few weeks?

Wonder if they kept the same carriages or if they've been replaced
Might be the same coach which given if this is supposed to be a British rail themed setting of the 1970's in which BR was cash strapped at the time, they were still using coaches that dated from the 1930's in places in which all they did was paint them in BR rail blue so the fact that the Victorian coach being painted in a awful looking blue colour with the double arrow slapped on the side would actually be historical accurate! :p

Perhaps if it’s themed around a London train station in the 70s to 90s the horror theme will be getting chased by a group of Millwall fans?
The twist ending being that you are jumped by West Ham fans trying to have a punch up with Millwall fans? :p

Could be worse...might be Leeds fans.

Just watched jack’s new video on ghost train and I’m actually quite hopeful that this referb is gonna be good. I wasn’t expecting them to take all the theming out and basically start from scratch with just the building and ride system. A lot of money is going into this!

Also, really interesting to see how that illusion in the Victorian carriage room worked

After watching it, some thoughts…

- Seems to have a big budget for the amount they are ripping out and not reusing pretty much anything. The detail and design show on concept art might follow through to the attraction

- They are ripping out all illusions and any previously cool theming pieces which could have been reused if it was a budget retheme. Aka just repainting the train carriage. I’m shocked to see the first train scene with mirrors being ripped out. It’s such a cool effect and Jack seems to think so, he was also sad about it going in this video. So its replacement has to be worthwhile.

With the train scene, they are clearly ripping out the brickwork, again pointing out a deep change in story and scenes. I wouldn’t be suprised if that room is turned into platforms, and the empty tube train shell is left exposed rather than the facade of the Victorian train carriage which was there. They would have to fill in the floor of that room, I don’t see how in a normal train station you’d board the train whilst walking over a bridge in the air.

- On board the train, looks like modifications are happening and can happen, I was doubtful but clearly they can add whatever they want to it. I might be mistaken but are the window panels different, I thought they were plain white before. Jack hints the seats might change also showing this is a more detailed retheme.

- The middle scene is completely empty,allowing them to use UV paint but seriously they have a large space to provide more of an experience.

- Tube station is untouched.

Overall:

Until we see the final theming the budget of the retheme isn’t known but the amount they are ripping up which could have been reused and just been repainted or changed to fit the new story is insane and I don’t think this ride will be recognisable to DBGT and will be it’s own thing. I must admit, I will miss all the illusions like peppers ghost and the train set, it was one thing which really made the ride pretty high quality and almost amazing when you saw it.

It makes me much more excited to experience a new ride, it’s not going to be rideable as Thorpe have confirmed it’s not a realistic target but it will be consistent and hopefully the theme will be throughout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With a logo that - to the untrained eye - appears to be loosely inspired by Stranger Things, once again TP is about two/three years behind any IP it buys in/rips off.
Stranger Things ... the series that FOUR MONTHS ago racked 1.35 billion hours viewed to become the most-watched English-language series in its first 28 days on the Netflix platform.

Give me a break.

I struggle to see what is likely to be gained by removing the mirror floating train illusion? If you still have to enter the room then the train from the same places its hard to imagine a more impressive or effective use of that dead space below space. Interesting

I struggle to see what is likely to be gained by removing the mirror floating train illusion? If you still have to enter the room then the train from the same places its hard to imagine a more impressive or effective use of that dead space below space. Interesting

It won’t be impressive what they replace it with, they’d have to fill the void and build a train station platform for it to make sense unless your going to walk around down there as part of then experience. As it doesn’t look like we are getting a video pre show anymore at the start

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It won’t be impressive what they replace it with, they’d have to fill the void and build a train station platform for it to make sense unless your going to walk around down there as part of then experience. As it doesn’t look like we are getting a video pre show anymore at the start

The last thing this needs is to be even more of realistic train simulator!

Ok so they don't care about keeping the experience a secret any more.
They do, I'm pretty sure Jack won't be allowed to show certain areas once the new theming starts going in. It was interesting seeing how the actual ride system works, and as said above it shows just how much is being changed. This series will undoubtedly increase the hype for the new retheme, as will be the intention.