• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

The theming (or lack of) part of that statement doesn’t surprise me. The planning application referenced the fact that the ‘ride itself’ would be the main theming of the ride. Or in other words, there won’t be any.

But that doesn’t require any ‘inside knowledge’ since it was publicly available on the council website.

1677253762304.png

Greys Omg GIF by ABC Network

Intimidator is a pretty poor name - at least the US ones were called that for a reason and it's a word with a cultural reference.

I can't recall Merlin using a name used for a coaster elsewhere, at least one that wasn't used in their own parks.

Edit - Raptor, perhaps others.

Last edited:
Maybe they are just going to let the ride’s queue line of large groups of local Staines youths in black tracksuits and puffer jackets smoking away and swearing their heads off be the theming and that’s why they are going to call it The Intimidator.

Last edited:
I highly doubt it, because although the planning application states the ride itself is focal point of theming, there's time allotted before opening to allow for some theming installations. The current Intimidators are themed to a dead drag racer and one is known for being a commercial disappointment and the other a side attraction of a larger coaster of the same model.

Also most of the teasers we've seen so far for this ride hints towards some sort of mountain theme, from the poster in Trailers, to the gate outside the ride area and now the poster on the concept art for Ghost Train, the "Rocky Mountain" construction hardhat, and the ride itself being the main 'theming' piece would compliment this and that the top of the track will be white, like the peak of many mountains.

In fairness, Wicker Man's name was revealed in December 2016 with most people calling it out as rubbish. Turned out to be true. I'm not saying this is true, but not every rumour/source without confirmation automatically means it is incorrect. I very much doubt it is correct, but there is some possibility. It's very lazy if it is true.

It’d set a record for being the earliest coaster name reveal ever.

Heck, the ground isn’t even filled in yet and its predecessor is still partly standing. 😂

The theming (or lack of) part of that statement doesn’t surprise me. The planning application referenced the fact that the ‘ride itself’ would be the main theming of the ride. Or in other words, there won’t be any.
I think that Exodus probably won't be unthemed because I expect the rollercoaster track will be themed to something. Nemesis is a major example of this being implemented before.

Last edited:
It's probably the same muppet who posted in a group they'd heard Nemesis Inferno was to be taken down and rebuilt for next year as well.

Besides, the only thing intimidating about this ride is the length of the brake run.

The new season isn’t far away now and according to Jack Silkstone’s updates on YouTube, it could be a little longer yet until Loggers’ double drop comes down. That couldn’t mean that very early in the season, it’s still there. I’ve been meaning to take a walk down there recently and hope to soon.

When Exodus is being built, does anyone think that Samurai could be removed (or hopefully relocated to Towers on the Enterprise site)? It has never fit into its area at Thorpe.

When Exodus is being built, does anyone think that Slammer could be removed (or hopefully relocated to Towers on the Enterprise site)? It has never fit into its area at Thorpe.
It's been SBNO for years because it would require a lot of effort and money to remove I think.