• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TowersStreet Coaster Building Contest 2021/22: Winners Declared (Competition Ended 12th May)

The train now approaching Platform 1 is the 2022 Lightwater Valley service to Airtime. Calling at intensity, hangtime and near misses. Ejector airtime seats are located at the rear of the train.

My submission:
Ultimate Steel - British Rail's Revenge!

It's been 30 years since privatisation and 60 years after Bitish Rail engineers began their fight back against Dr Beeching by starting the design of their finest achievement - the HST.... oh err... I meant The Ultimate.

But storm clouds loom once more over the UK rail network. Beechings son - Dr Beeching JR - has been hired by the government to dismantle parts of the network. The private train operators are powerless and their CEO's are cowering in their offices, their only tool - fare rises - is proving useless against Dr Beeching JR's formidable Axe.

But some retired British Rail engineers want to fight back. They have decided to don their flat caps and boiler suits once more and have built their best creation yet - Ultimate Steel. Will the Dr see you now? Or will British Rail ingenuity rise from the ashes and have it's revenge?

Height: 61mtrs
Length: 2841mtrs
Max G: 6g
Min G: -3.35g
Inversions: 7
Airtime Count: 19

Last edited:
The train now approaching Platform 1 is the 2022 to Airtime, calling at intensity, hangtime and near misses. Ejector airtime seats are located at the rear of the train.

My submission:
Ultimate Steel - British Rail's Revenge!

It's been 30 years since privatisation and 60 years after Bitish Rail engineers began their fight back against Dr Beeching by starting the design of their finest achievement - the HST.... oh err... I meant The Ultimate.

But storm clouds loom once more over the UK rail network. Beechings son - Dr Beeching JR - has been hired by the government to dismantle parts of the network. The private train operators are powerless and their CEO's are cowering in their offices, their only tool - fare rises - is proving useless against Dr Beeching JR's formidable Axe.

But some retired British Rail engineers want to fight back. They have decided to don their flat caps and boiler suits once more and have built their best creation yet - Ultimate Steel. Will the Dr see you now? Or will British Rail ingenuity rise from the ashes and have it's revenge?

Height: 61mtrs
Length: 2841mtrs
Max G: 6g
Min G: -3.35g
Inversions: 7
Airtime Count: 19

Awesome submission @Matt.GC! It’s airtime-filled and fast, and I must say that it’s also incredibly smooth!

The owners of Lightwater Valley have managed to rob several banks without being caught, in a desperate attempt to hide their stolen money they decide to completely transform The Ultimate into one, ahem, Ultimate thrill ride!
  • Name: $100,000,000 Ultimate
  • Manufacturer: RMC
  • Type: Hybrid Coaster
  • Height: 196ft
  • Biggest Drop: 181ft
  • Speed: 75mph
  • Length: 7,782ft
  • Inversions: 8
  • Airtime Count: 14
  • Maximum Positive G-Force: 5.57G
  • Maximum Negative G-Force: -2.43G

The owners of Lightwater Valley have managed to rob several banks without being caught, in a desperate attempt to hide their stolen money they decide to completely transform The Ultimate into one, ahem, Ultimate thrill ride!
  • Name: $100,000,000 Ultimate
  • Manufacturer: RMC
  • Type: Hybrid Coaster
  • Height: 196ft
  • Biggest Drop: 181ft
  • Speed: 75mph
  • Length: 7,782ft
  • Inversions: 8
  • Airtime Count: 14
  • Maximum Positive G-Force: 5.57G
  • Maximum Negative G-Force: -2.43G

Very nice @Archermav! Great mix of inversions and airtime pops there, and I think you’ve nailed that general RMC feel; very realistic!

Sorry to double post, but just as a reminder, only 5 hours and 52 minutes remain until the submission deadline…

I note, however, that I’m still lacking 4 submissions. Do we need a bit more time, because I’m happy to be flexible if so?

I've been informed by the wonderful @Matt N that I've held you all up so my apologies.
My submission: Walter over at B&M got rather drunk on a Friday night, as Claude was out of the office he decided to donate an invert to lightwater valley, but he needed help designing it so RMC helped to design the layout. Yes I think my invert is what a B&M invert would look like if RMC were given chance to design one,
Name: invertimate

So, you want long? How's world's longest?

L O N G U S M A X I M U S

493340_20220329220538_1.png

493340_20220329220640_1.png

493340_20220329220810_1.png

Length: 3274m (231s ride time)
Speed: 71mph
Height: 60m
Max Force: +5.7 (very brief spike)

I've been informed by the wonderful @Matt N that I've held you all up so my apologies.
My submission: Walter over at B&M got rather drunk on a Friday night, as Claude was out of the office he decided to donate an invert to lightwater valley, but he needed help designing it so RMC helped to design the layout. Yes I think my invert is what a B&M invert would look like if RMC were given chance to design one,
Name: invertimate

Very nice @JAperson; those are some nice inversions, and I like all the little airtime pops and banked turns too!
So, you want long? How's world's longest?

L O N G U S M A X I M U S

493340_20220329220538_1.png

493340_20220329220640_1.png

493340_20220329220810_1.png

Length: 3274m (231s ride time)
Speed: 71mph
Height: 60m
Max Force: +5.7 (very brief spike)

Great submission @mo237; lots of airtime, and there are some nice turns and inversions in there too!

Sorry to double post, but submissions for Round 4 are now closed. The voting stage has begun!

Just as a reminder, here are everyone’s submissions, with the relevant user next to them so you know who to vote for if you liked a particular submission:
  • The Ultimate, an RMC IBox Track by @Matt N:
  • Ultimatum, an RMC hybrid by @Connor98:
  • Raven, a B&M Wing Coaster by @Poisson:
  • Loltimate, an RMC IBox Track by @RicketyCricket:
  • The Ultimate Reloaded, an RMC IBox Track by @Burbs:
  • Ultimate Steel - British Rail's Revenge, an RMC hybrid coaster by @Matt.GC:
  • $100,000,000 Ultimate, an RMC IBox Track by @Archermav:
  • Madness, a Maurer spinning coaster by @Thameslink Rail:
  • Invertimate, a B&M Inverted Coaster by @JAperson:
  • LongusMaximus, an RMC hybrid coaster by @mo237:

So those are the submissions! If you need a reminder about how voting works, here’s a quote of my post explaining it from the first round:
Now I hear you asking "well if I'm supposed to vote, how on earth does voting work?". Well don't worry; I'm about to clear that up!

Basically, I would like each of you to post your top 5 layouts, ranked in order. Can I please request that you include the user who created the layout in each of your ranking spots, so I can keep an easier tally of the scores as voting progresses (going off of ride name alone would make things tough, as there are 3 Exoduses). You can include the ride name if you like or you can just post the user if you'd prefer, but if you could put usernames in there for each ranking, that would be terrific! I would also like you to nominate the layouts that you feel are Most Realistic and Most Original; these do not have to be from your top 5. So if I was posting my votes, I'd post something like this:
  1. @UserA
  2. @UserB
  3. @UserC
  4. @UserD
  5. @UserE
  • Most Realistic: @UserX
  • Most Original: @UserY
(Obviously you don't have to post exactly like that, but that's just a template to give you some idea. You can offer some explanation of your choices if you wish, or you can just post the users themselves without any explanation; it's entirely up to you!)

In terms of how the scoring works; each ranking within a list is weighted a certain amount, with a #1 ranking gaining the most points and a #5 ranking gaining the least points. The weightings are as follows:
  • #1 ranking gains 5 points
  • #2 ranking gains 4 points
  • #3 ranking gains 3 points
  • #4 ranking gains 2 points
  • #5 ranking gains 1 point
  • A vote for Most Realistic gains 1 Realism point, and a vote for Most Original gains 1 Originality point. These are logged separately to the overall points.
Before I let us jump into voting, let me just lay out one ground rule; please do not vote for yourself. Please exclude your own layout when casting your vote. I know that sounds harsh, but I feel that allowing votes for your own submission could unfairly skew the results.
EDIT: Just as a memo, a log of both the overall competition scores and the scores for the current round are being kept in my initial post on page 1.
Now all that’s been cleared up; get voting, everybody! Your voting deadline is Tuesday 5th April at 11:59pm.

Right; sorry for triple posting, but my votes are now in.

Let me just start by saying; this was a great round once again! Fantastic submissions were made by all, and if I haven't mentioned you, please don't be insulted; your submission was still awesome, and you were up against stiff competition!

With that in mind, my votes are as follows:
  1. @Archermav
  2. @Matt.GC
  3. @Connor98
  4. @RicketyCricket
  5. @Burbs
Awesome round, everybody!

Just as a heads up, there’s been a slight development with the competition; following a fantastic suggestion from another member, the 2021/22 competition will now have 6 rounds instead of 5!

I know I originally said I wasn’t extending this, so I apologise for that and I apologise profusely to whoever originally made a bonus round suggestion that I rejected at the time (I know someone definitely did, but I can’t remember who…), but this suggestion was something rather different to the other rounds we’ve had so far and I thought it would be fantastic fun to try, so while I won’t reveal too much now, I just thought I’d give you all a heads up so that you are aware that there will now be 6 rounds, not 5. All I’ll tell you is that it’ll be a very different round to the first 5, and I think it could be really interesting!

I should also point out that due to me being in Germany on Tuesday 26th April and being unable to guarantee that I’ll be able to manage a changeover from there, this round will have a 2 week submission window, meaning that the voting stage of this round will close on Tuesday 10th May, and the competition will now end on Wednesday 11th May when winners are announced. Apologies for the inconvenience.

As such, the planned competition timeline going forward is now as follows (changes in italics):
  • Round 4 Voting (we are here) - Wednesday 30th March 2022-Tuesday 5th April 2022
  • Round 5 Building - Wednesday 6th April 2022-Tuesday 12th April 2022
  • Round 5 Voting - Wednesday 13th April 2022-Tuesday 19th April 2022
  • Round 6 Building - Wednesday 20th April 2022-Tuesday 3rd May 2022
  • Round 6 Voting - Wednesday 4th May 2022-Tuesday 10th May 2022
  • Winners Announced/Competition Ends - Wednesday 11th May 2022
If you have any issues with or objections to the current schedule, please don’t hesitate to tell me.

Last edited:
I really should do my voting for this round:
1. @Burbs - really liked the idea of keeping to the original layout while having it RMC'ified.
2. @Archermav
3. @Connor98
4. @Poisson
5. @Matt.GC
Most realistic: @Thameslink Rail
Most original: @Poisson

As for the extension to the competition @Matt N : First there's no need to apologise, it's your competition. Secondly, I'm excited to see what this bonus round at the end is. As it's a bonus round will you do the scoring for it any different to the other rounds?

As for the extension to the competition @Matt N : First there's no need to apologise, it's your competition. Secondly, I'm excited to see what this bonus round at the end is. As it's a bonus round will you do the scoring for it any different to the other rounds?
Voting/scoring will be the same; only the actual building will be different.

Sorry to double post, but I just thought I’d remind you all that only 15 hours and 58 minutes remain for you get your votes in.