• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TST Main Season Opening: 22-23 March 2014

Re: THIS WEEKEND: TST Main Season Opening: 22-23 March 2014

LiamC said:
Tom.B said:
Poison Tom 96 said:
Bad points: Ripsaw's rubbish ride cycles

We got 3 circuits today, and I believe that the reason they didn't splash you is because of the cold weather, and potential complaints... about getting wet on a water ride. ::)

It's been like that for quite some time now.

It's sensible not to wet, but seriously we had a strange ride cycle that was poor.

Poison Tom 96 said:
LiamC said:
Tom.B said:
Poison Tom 96 said:

We got 3 circuits today, and I believe that the reason they didn't splash you is because of the cold weather, and potential complaints... about getting wet on a water ride. ::)

It's sensible not to wet, but seriously we had a strange ride cycle that was poor.

Learn the best modes, ask for 8 & 4 next time ;)

Alastair said:
Poison Tom 96 said:
LiamC said:
Tom.B said:
Poison Tom 96 said:

I think we had 8, 4, 4.

Tom.B said:
Alastair said:
Poison Tom 96 said:
LiamC said:
Tom.B said:
Poison Tom 96 said:

I think we had 8, 4, 4.

Yeah I know, I was on the ride with you! ;)

Alastair said:
Tom.B said:
Alastair said:
Poison Tom 96 said:
LiamC said:
Tom.B said:
Poison Tom 96 said:

I think we had 8, 4, 4.

You were?! Were you the one with ginger or white hair?

Tom.B said:
Alastair said:
Tom.B said:
Alastair said:
Poison Tom 96 said:
LiamC said:
Tom.B said:
Poison Tom 96 said:

I think we had 8, 4, 4.

Ginger...who had white hair?!

Alastair said:
Tom.B said:
Alastair said:
Tom.B said:
Alastair said:
Poison Tom 96 said:
LiamC said:
Tom.B said:
Poison Tom 96 said:

I think we had 8, 4, 4.

Ginger...who had white hair?!

Someone did. I HAD NOOO IDEA YOU WERE EVEN THERE!!!!

To anyone on park today, most of the group are still yet yo arrive, but a few, myself included are in corner coffee.

Anyone know when and where the group photo on the Submission Memorial Garden will be posted?

Tom.B said:
Anyone know when and where the group photo on the Submission Memorial Garden will be posted?

It'll be going online in the next day or so I'd imagine, just got to give people time to get home :). You'll find it in this topic, on the group photo tab on the meetups page and on Facebook and Twitter.

Despite the low mood I was burdened with before this meet and the overall streak of bad luck I've been plagued with, it's safe to say a weekend exposed to you lot has made things considerably better.

Highlights:

Riding The Smiler on the first day of the season for the first time (and much smoother than I remember).

Many Europa conversations.

Managing to ride every desirable ride and attraction multiple times over the course of the weekend.

Kicking Will and Tarin's posteriors at Top Trumps.

Consuming a much larger quantity of alcohol across the duration of the weekend and feeling fine. Bring on the German beer.

Saturday night.

Lowlights:

Saturday night.

Debit card faff.

Not having a chance to say bye to anyone today.

The Smiler's "fifteen minute" queue.

Leaving my camera with Kim (I do apologise to those who were wanting images online tonight. This may have to wait a while...)

A vast improvement on the overall atmosphere compared to last years opening weekend for Towers, and I adore the new Sky Ride audio! Some of the food kiosks being closes outside of Tavern was a downside, as was the ever sluggish serving in the Dragon Bar.

A big thanks to everyone for contributing to the high lights and as ever, another enjoyable meet. I certainly couldn't be spending my first ever visit to Europa next month with a better group of people. I think I managed to convey my excitement to plenty of people this weekend as the trip draws ever closer.

See y'all in Germany :)

Awesome weekend was awesome!

Hope you all enjoy your pin badges :) see you at Junket!

Bloody Hell, it's been quite the emotional rollercoaster this weekend! One that I would certainly ride again. Here's a brief post about it whilst it's all fresh in my mind.

UP'S

+ The Smiler in the Hail
+ Alton Towers in Main Season again!!! It has been missed.
+ Seeing some of my favourite geeks again!
+ PIN BADGES!
+ Safely going for a stroll by the pond in front of the towers.
+ Qu'est qu'iri BOU BILLE!!!
+ Finding accommodation
+ #ASSTROSELFIE
+ Decent ride count
+ Hugs... LOTS... OF... HUGS! :*
+ Not having personal issues dampen the spirit of things
+ New Skyride audio
+ Making new friends!
+ Some of the funniest Rapids ride's ever!

DOWN's

- The Smiler in the Hail
- Price rises
TowersStreet 2013: Cheapskate of the year
- Personal issues with fellow members unfortunately making their way onto meets
- Possibly my last official meet for a while
- Forgetting my ID!
- Having to say goodbye
- The Smiler's reliability

Many Thanks to Josh and Ellie for the lifts, Boweso for the accommodation, Amy for buying me drinks when I'd forgotten my ID and The Team for the Pin Badges and organising another successful meet.

I hope everyone who is going abroad for Junket has a safe journey and a fantastic time. See you all soon!

Sazzle said:
Awesome weekend was awesome!

Glad to see I look so miserable lol! I was happy to see you honest! ;D

Also, I love how pictures 1, 2, 3 look like Josht is in mid vomit! And he said he could drink beer and enjoy coasters still!! :twirly:

Great meet. Will do my views on Towers shortly. People? Fantastic as always.

Will type up pros and cons tomorrow, have to go to bed now, was good to meet loads of new people as well as others that I hadn't met before, everyone was so welcoming, a great day out thanks everyone, shame it wasn't open longer.

Great to see some of you again on Sunday, and also meeting others for the first time. Thank you for making us feel welcome (as always) and I/we look forward to next time.

Was also amazed that some of you remembered who I was from nearly two years ago now ( 1st ever TST Meet! ) - so thanks again.

Sorry I couldn't find you all to say bye in the end, but I'd promised the ol'boy some rapid whoring. (does that sound wrong?) :/

Still can't forget Josh's comment; "I don't like rides, really" resulting in many looks of confusion :/

Lastly, thank you TS (and Saz) for the pin-badges, they look great and take pride of place on our lanyards and/or bags.

LewisNavex said:
Many Thanks to Josh and Ellie for the lifts

At least we didn't forget you this time! :p

As always was great to see everyone, and meet a few new faces too, had an awesome day on Saturday :)

I'll disappear again for a month or so now until CBoobies opening day :) Ciao for now!