• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TST's European Junket Meet: April 2014

Re: TST's Most Wanted Junket: Discussion

Now I hate to ask this so late in the game, but due to unreliability in my former roomates I am in need of a space at Disneyland Paris, does anyone have space?

:(

Joelio said:
Now I hate to ask this so late in the game, but due to unreliability in my former roomates I am in need of a space at Disneyland Paris, does anyone have space?

:(

Possibly - subject to confirmation that our car is doing DLP and the accommodation arrangements - can confirm in the next 24 hours hopefully :)

Final Changes to Itinerary made

The final itinerary for the Junket has now been completed, and replaces the original post on page one of this topic. The notable changes are as follows:

TST+ Option
The "Official" trip starts on Friday, 18th April at 10:00am at Walygator Parc. However, most people will be travelling down on Thursday, 17th April and staying on the way at the suggested Ibis Hotel in Laon. However, not ones to miss the chance of an extra theme park, all participants are welcome to join us for the TST+ day at Bellewaerde Park in Belgium. This park is located 1 hour from Calais. If you wish to join us here, then you can either a) travel across on Wednesday, 15th April and stay at the Kasteelhof 'T Hooghe hotel, located next to the park or b) travel across earlier on Thursday, 17th April and meet us at the theme park at 10:00am. Then, following the park, accommodation on the 17th April, en route to Walygator, will be at the Chateau de la Poste at Maillen. Then we depart for Walygator and meet the group from where the trip is as stated in the itinerary.

Changes to hotel at Disneyland Paris
Due to concerns over rising cost, we have altered the official accommodation choice at Disneyland Paris. The final prices for stays at Sequoia Lodge were £300pp including park tickets for 4 nights. This would have needed paying in full by the end of January. As a result, we have changed to the Kyriad Hotel. Kyriad is a partner hotel and located on Disney property. It is a standard hotel with rooms sleeping up to 4 adults. The cost to stay here is only £100pp for 4 nights based on 4 sharing, although this price does not include tickets. Tickets are £100 per person for 2 days. This therefore will save everyone £100 off the holiday price, which is a considerable saving, I am sure you will agree. We will still be able to use Disney Village during out stay and a frequent, free shuttle bus operates between the parks and the hotel.

Booking now available for hotels
Please book your accommodation as soon as possible. Nothing needs paying now.
For Ibis Hotel bookings (we're all using the one at Besancon Marchaux on 22nd April 2014) please use Accor Hotels Website. Also use this if you'll be using the suggested Ibis Hotel at Laon if you're not doing TST+.

Hotels in Rust for Europa-Park should also be booked. If you require resort accommodation at Europa-Park, book ASAP as this WILL sell out. Remember, nothing needs paying till you arrive. For other options in Rust, use Booking.com.

As mentioned, we're using the Kyriad Hotel at Disneyland Paris for 4 nights from 23rd April. Book online with no payment needed until arrival at Kyriad Website

Disney Park Hours/Attraction closures

Confirmed as follows:
Parc Disneyland: 10:00 - 22:00
Studios Park: 10:00 - 19:00

Attraction Closures: Indiana Jones, Armagaeddon, Flying Carpets and Captain EO.

Park Tickets

As at 14.1.14: Tickets for all parks except Tripsdrill can be booked online. Tripsdrill appear to have no online purchase facility. Astérix tickets are currently expensive. It is worth waiting as cheaper tickets are likely to be released in due course. Disneyland Paris tickets are also available at all UK Disney Store outlets.

Walygator - €30.00 (£25.00)

Tripsdrill - €26.00 (£22.00)

Nigloland - €28.00 (£23.50)

Parc Astérix - €46.00 (£38.00)

Attractiontix - £101.00 (price is £113.00 on DLP website)
Also available at UK Disney Stores.

Thanks all - can't wait for the trip!

I am not going, but still feel the need to say Thanks for planning. Hopefully you will still be doing these trips in 6 years time :)

Ian

All information you need for the trip, including final itinerary, journey mileage, hotel booking details, prices, park opening hours and more can now be found in the Information topic, which is locked and for viewing only:

Click Here.

Really considering europa after a great offer

Me and Sam have made some changes to our trip now, because of the high cost involved in the trip we are now just doing the Europa Park part of the trip. We intend to stay at Gatwick Travelodge on Friday 18th, fly to Basel on Saturday morning. Then either drive to Europa Park or get a shuttle there. We will stay for 4 nights and then leave Wednesday evening. Then have another night at Gatwick.

We should be booking all the things we have left to book this week :D

Ste and I have now booked our accommodation for the trip. As I've stated previously, we can only attend Europa Park and DLP due to my term dates. We have booked 2 person rooms so that we don't have to figure out staying with other people who might not want to do the same dates as us. We are staying in Santa Isobel at Europa from 18th-21st April, and the Kyriad at DLP from 24th-26th April. We are yet to arrange flights, but will be doing this ASAP. We are struggling to find flights to EP, but I'm sure we'll figure it out. We want to be there for the group meal on the Friday, but can't leave on Thursday due to a friend's wedding :mad:

I have to second the thanks to Dan for all the planning. I really can't wait!

Dumb question, but what exactly is Bellewaerde Park, and is it actually worth a visit?

It has three credits, according to RCDB, if that's any help, and it used to be run by Six Flags.

It's more or less en route.

It has 3 coasters, one of which (Huracan) was new for 2013.

There's a Hafema rapids and several other major family rides too.

Ahh, it's the one with that odd little dark ride / coaster hybred that opened last year.

Odds of talking Hils in to another day of driving are zero, sadly. Oh well. I'll cope.

*Rowe's ears prick up*

A dark ride hybrid? At Bellewaerde Park? WELL, SIGN ME UP FOR THAT EXCURSION! :D

Yeah, it was all over the forum last year. Now that the penny's dropped I remember following the construction updates. The coaster half of it looks rather pants though.

We just like visiting new parks more than the fact anything looks world class.

Details for the TST+ portion are on the information/itinerary topic, it only adds 16 miles and around £50 costs to the holiday overall.

Plus we're staying in a castle one night.

:)

I went to Bellewaerde last year and it is a lovely little park to visit. :)

Don't go expecting thrilling rides as it is more a family theme park. Oh and you must do the mad house 'Houdini'.

RIGHT.

I'm very, very late to the party, I know, however it's been impossible to know what I could/could not do, due to uncertainties around work. I am now fairly confident however that I will be free between Saturday 19th, and Friday 25th April.

I would therefore ideally love to do as much of the Junket as possible between those two dates, either travelling alone, or joining a car for those parts... I dunno, but I need to get planning.

I don't suppose anyone has a space in their car (guessing not)? Failing that, anyone else looked at non-car transport around the parks yet? Anyone got any spaces in any rooms?

In short... help?
icon_help.gif

If you'd been a week earlier, you could of joined our car, but unfortunately Balsdon has snapped the forth seat up mate. :/

Islander said:
RIGHT.

I'm very, very late to the party, I know, however it's been impossible to know what I could/could not do, due to uncertainties around work. I am now fairly confident however that I will be free between Saturday 19th, and Friday 25th April.

I would therefore ideally love to do as much of the Junket as possible between those two dates, either travelling alone, or joining a car for those parts... I dunno, but I need to get planning.

I don't suppose anyone has a space in their car (guessing not)? Failing that, anyone else looked at non-car transport around the parks yet? Anyone got any spaces in any rooms?

In short... help?
icon_help.gif

Not sure if there are others wishing to go on the trip / looking for spaces. I know Joel is flying out and getting a train over to Paris for Astérix.

Basically it looks like you're able to do the bulk of Europa-Park, Astérix and (possibly) the first day at Disneyland Paris? Nigloland and Tripsdrill require a car.

OK - so, at long last I've got my arse in gear with regards to sorting this trip out.
As mentioned, I'm intending to do 3 nights at Europa as well as Nigoland and Tripsdrill, and maybe another French park if I'm driving past. Theoretically, I'll meet you at Europa on the 19th.
If I can, I'll offer car space nearer the time - really don't want to let anyone down if plans end up changing.

However, as I'm surprised by how cheap EP's accomodation is, and it's lovely flexible approach to booking, I've organised a room for myself and Tarin. If anyone else is looking for room, I might be able to reorganise, as it wouldn't alter the price by much :)