• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TST's European Junket Meet: April 2014

Re: TST's Most Wanted Junket: Discussion

Indeed!

It's much cheaper for a 2-person room than a 4. Let me know if you need any advice!

Holiday request has been submitted for the entirety of Junket. Should know within the next couple of weeks whether or not it's been approved.

As I don't think I'll be able to do the whole Junket, I'm looking at just doing Europa.

Firstly, what way is cheaper/easier to get there - train or plane?

Also, I've noticed that several people here may be getting a flight, and if that's the case it could be worth organising a taxi or something if it makes it cheaper.

The Stansted - Basel flight on 18th, returning on 22nd, is an ideal option.

I'd recomend flying from London City, Ashlee. No sense in treking to any other airport when you can fly from one that's on your doorstep. ;)

Train is more relaxed, but takes the best part of a day, with several changes, including having to walk between stations in Paris. I wouldn't recomend doing it solo unless you've done the route before, or speak very good French and German. (German trains don't tell you where they stop, only the final destination. Even the printed timetables on the station wall don't mention all the stops!)

I'd love to go, however, I'm gonna have problems with this.
I'm supposed to be getting a lift with WillG, but he doesn't want to do all the parks I want to, does anyone have any room in their hotel and car for an extra? I want to do Asterix and Disney, but Will does not.

I promise I'll behave, be very quiet and not be a burden? :)

Tarin Maria said:
I'd love to go, however, I'm gonna have problems with this.
I'm supposed to be getting a lift with WillG, but he doesn't want to do all the parks I want to, does anyone have any room in their hotel and car for an extra? I want to do Asterix and Disney, but Will does not.

I promise I'll behave, be very quiet and not be a burden? :)

There are actually very few cars doing the whole trip. I'd take what you can get :p

:D

I've decided that I'm no longer going to do the DLP part of the trip.

I was on the fence about Europa because I've been quite a bit lately, but I am going to go - if only for the birthday events :) Right now, I'm planning to fly out to EP, probably to Basel airport.

Do we have a Who's Going thread for travel arrangements for this meet?

Jordan said:
Do we have a Who's Going thread for travel arrangements for this meet?
I think we had one, but it disappeared a while ago.

Currently looking at what EP hotel to book. The only ones left are Bell Rock (way too expensive), Santa Isabel, and Alcazar. I'm quite liking the idea of Alcazar, especially if we get lucky and have a good view. I'm not too keen on Santa Isabel... Being half Portuguese and having to endure catholic school put me off that kind of thing for life! :p

So looks like it'll be Alcazar for us.

I'm gonna be flying to Basel airport too. Might be a good idea to make a list of everyone whose flying there and organise transport to and from Europa.

I am almost ready to confirm my attendance for this which should hopefully be for the whole trip if I can afford it. Just need to do a quick check with work about my holiday being approved for this, apparently my HR have already sorted this out for me as I made a special request for this being booked off. :p

Apparently there's been a bit of a need for a 'Who's Going' page so that people can see who is doing what section of the trip.

Well: http://www.towersstreet.com/meets/most-wanted-junket-2014/

There you go! Due to limitations with our meets system (namely that it has a maximum of 3 days per meet) the 'Who's Going' part is split into three sections. To accurately show who is attending which section of the trip - make sure you fill in all three sections of the list. :)

Lottie. said:
I am almost ready to confirm my attendance for this which should hopefully be for the whole trip if I can afford it. Just need to do a quick check with work about my holiday being approved for this, apparently my HR have already sorted this out for me as I made a special request for this being booked off. :p
I'm in a similar position, Lottie. All I need is the OK from work, and I'll be there for the whole thing!

Huh, Bell Rock is now showing as €300 cheaper than it was last night! O_O Still the most expensive of the three, but at least it's under a grand. Looks like we'll be in Bell Rock after all.

Email the hotel resort if you want a room which isn't showing up online.

Often, they keep a small number of rooms off the website and when you email, they are able to accommodate requests.

:)

We booked our Bell Rock room about half an hour ago. Figured it was best to grab it while it was going for the cheaper rate :p

To save money, myself, Sam, Matt and DanB have booked the Kyriad Hotel at Disneyland Paris.

The prices of the DLP hotels, even with the current special offers, were really quite high (Sequoia was basically £300pp, whereas this will be about £100 + tickets and the hotel is pay on arrival...).

It was €500 for 4 of us, for 4 nights, including breakfast on a Flexible rate.

Was talking about Disney hotels with Hils last night actually. If we stay there as planned it would be for 4 nights, with 2 days on park... but it seems you can't book just the hotel without also having an equal number of days on park to go with it. This would mean paying for 2 days on park that we won't be using.

So an alternative hotel could be an option. How far is it from the park? (still not sure if I'll be doing the Disney bit anyway, but Hils wants to).

DiogoJ42 said:
Was talking about Disney hotels with Hils last night actually. If we stay there as planned it would be for 4 nights, with 2 days on park... but it seems you can't book just the hotel without also having an equal number of days on park to go with it. This would mean paying for 2 days on park that we won't be using.

So an alternative hotel could be an option. How far is it from the park? (still not sure if I'll be doing the Disney bit anyway, but Hils wants to).

This is what I thought; the Sequoia Lodge price was pretty much £300 each, which included 4 nights and 5 days admission. I know the extra days are discounted anyway, but we're still paying a premium for the 5 days, when we only need 2. Obviously we won't get EMH now, but that's only really missing Discoveryland and in any case, I hate getting up at 6am for them :D

The Kyriad is on Disney property, and the free (frequent) shuttle runs from the Disney Bus Station (off the main plaza) to the hotel. It takes around 5-10 minutes and runs until around midnight.

Rooms are small, but it's inexpensive, our room for 4 nights and 4 people was €500 (£400) which includes breakfast. Park tickets you can purchase separately, either online or from the Disney Store in the UK, and they're around £100.