• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TST's European Junket Meet: April 2014

Re: TST's Most Wanted Junket: Discussion

Decided that will still do DLRP even if ratatouille isn't open. I need my disney fix!

Just wondering if anybody has room on there full trip a few parks have took my interest

I'm now giving the EP portion of this some serious thought. Trains to & from London, a hotel at Gatwick and flights to & from Strasbourg are coming to less than £150.

Argh, Roland, stop tempting me! :p

I really want to go to the EP part of the Junket, and then to DLP. Annoyingly, the school I work at has different holiday dates so I can't go on the whole trip. I will be flying to EP. I'm just wondering if anybody would like to share a room? I'm not sure yet whether my husband will be coming with me, I hope he will! We'll definitely need to share rooms with others to make this affordable.

Just wondering would anybody be interested in Europa in July/August ??

I am happy to visit Europa on any day that ends with a Y :p

The problem with Europa is that is has that many good events all year around, it is impossible to pick the best time to go.

April is the easiest for me to talk myself out of, as its just the park opening, and the new ride will still be there later in the year. I had to remind myself in April that Wodan was not new last year.

Summer is very tempting, nothing beats a theme park when its hot and sunny, and my last visit was in the cold, so I would love to go when its more likely to be warm.

Halloween has the Horror Events, something that has been getting positive reviews, and a event I would love to go to.

Christmas has the Christmas event, with limited ride opening (can you call it that when Blue Fire is open) but it looks great in the Christmas outfit, and has other events to keep you busy.

If you can only visit once, how do you pick when to go?

Ian

We have decided to keep Disneyland Paris in the meet regardless of whether Ratatouille opens.

:)

Just to give everyone an update on the arrangements for this trip:

• You can book Europa-Park accommodation now. No payment is needed until arrival.
  • Booking for Disneyland Paris accommodation can also be made. Payment is needed on booking.
  • Bookings for other hotels - details will ne announced in the next few weeks.
  • You can book travel whenever you wish.

Methinks that after last week's epicness, Most of us may have to wait till our next pay day! :p

DiogoJ42 said:
Methinks that after last week's epicness, Most of us may have to wait till our next pay day! :p

Well yes, I certainly am!

Ok, I've just booked a room for 4 people at Bellrock for 3 nights, from 18th-21st April. We can't stay the extra night as I have to be in work on the Tuesday. We need to try and find 2 other people to share our room, which might not be easy as everyone else is staying one more night. If we can't fill our room we'll have to cancel it and stay off resort, I think. So, if anybody wants to take a place in our room, please let me know! ;D

I'm not sure how we're getting there yet, but it looks likely that we'll be flying.

Amy_D said:
Ok, I've just booked a room for 4 people at Bellrock for 3 nights, from 18th-21st April. We can't stay the extra night as I have to be in work on the Tuesday. We need to try and find 2 other people to share our room, which might not be easy as everyone else is staying one more night. If we can't fill our room we'll have to cancel it and stay off resort, I think. So, if anybody wants to take a place in our room, please let me know! ;D

I'm not sure how we're getting there yet, but it looks likely that we'll be flying.

You could compromise by booking 3 nights for 4 people and then a 4th night for just 2 people.

AstroDan said:
You could compromise by booking 3 nights for 4 people and then a 4th night for just 2 people.

Good plan...I'm not good at flexible thinking!

You could also try the Budget rooms at Colosseo. Yes, they can be a little noisy, but they are cheaper :)

Europa Park makes Alton Towers feel cheap.

Ian

This sounds freaking awesome. Does it happen every year? I want to do it, but I've only just got back from Afghanistan so I don't know what work's going to be like for the year yet, if I'll be able to get the time off, etc.

Official meets are usually in the UK. We tend to have a European meet every couple of years or so, and it's not been exactly the same twice.

However, quite a few of us are regular visitors to some European parks, and even hold annual passes. For example, about fifteen of us were at Europa Park for new year.

In which case I am going to have to find out from work ASAP if I can do this. I'm less than an hour from the chunnel and I can afford it, so it would be rude not to!

tryst said:
In which case I am going to have to find out from work ASAP if I can do this. I'm less than an hour from the chunnel and I can afford it, so it would be rude not to!

You're more than welcome, although I would suggest that if you're planning to come away on an International meet with TST, that you aim to try and attend at least part of either February Half Term or main season opening meet at Alton Towers, to get to know people.

AstroDan said:

I feel a bit stupid now. I was thinking that EP was like Towers in not having rooms for 2 people! Having looked at it, there are rooms for 2 people. It doesn't make much difference cost-wise so it's likely that we will cancel the 4 person room and book a 2 person room, which makes it easier for us to plan. Just need to figure out getting there now! I don't care if we have to live on bread and milk between now and then, I'm determined to get there!