• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Availability/Operations 2022-24

I remember Thorpe park had this exact same issue 5 years ago when I was there for Halloween, they closed down guest services as it was out of hand. It’s nothing new for a Merlin park but ever since I’ve avoided attending weekends during Halloween.

It does have a damaging effect as a business model for regulars but will always attract new guests. Maybe they should limit guest numbers whilst there rides aren’t operating to their best capacity until they get new engineers to cover, however it’s Merlin so Raking in quick profits during there busiest season will continue, like it has done for many years regardless of logic and unsatisfied customers.

They just offer free return or in my case because we had a journalist in the group who was as gong to write and article for the mirror they offered VIP passes with Fast track for all rides. Again this is nothing new Merlin know what there doing they don’t care but i actually do feel sorry for management why are they to blame the issues are our of there hands there not in control of guests numbers. If staff are getting shouted and complained at constantly when they should be going home after late and over worked days (bare in mind there struggling to recruit staff at the moment) I don’t blame them for closing guests services at that point at the end of the night.

People get stressed and don’t now how to project there anger, they will be very aware of the issues but all they can offer is free Return? So they’re better off closing it down when it’s like this and people can just complain online through customer services for free return once calmed down, is the same thing but why should staff put up with it to? If you’re angry and upset after a long day and now it’s dark queuing another ridiculous line again after a day of queuing, that’s just gonna make you more angry and upset getting back home even later than planned, It doesn’t make sense.

This is a Merlin issue not a management or staff issue in my opinion. That doesn’t take away people’s frustrations everyone has the right to feel upset or annoyed with the reliability and operations. But I don’t agree with the online comments towards Bianca again bless her, she probs close to quitting then this park has no hope.

Last edited:
I don’t blame them for closing guests services at that point at the end of the night.

This is a Merlin issue not a management or staff issue in my opinion. That doesn’t take away people’s frustrations everyone has the right to feel upset or annoyed with the reliability and operations. But I don’t agree with the online comments towards Bianca again bless her, she probs close to quitting then this park has no hope.

After a terrible day out at a park I think everyone should have the right to speak to someone about it. As a paying guest, if you're already annoyed about your day and then go to make a complaint and find that also closed. its just going to make you even more angry. The least they can do is own up to/apologize for the issues and offer a return visit there and then.

I agree with the comments regarding Bianca, I don't think this is her fault. There is only so much you can do with your operational budgets. I doubt she wants to run Oblivion and Galactica on 1 station on a busy Scarefest Saturday, or open up a load of rides late, close the rapids etc. But if you're not given the budget to do that then thats what shes forced to do ...