• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

SeaWorld Orlando: General Discussion

Infinity Falls was originally scheduled to open memorial day, then it was scheduled for late June, it has now probably missed that also. It's getting there though, better to take your time and do it right rather than rush it to a deadline like The Smiler.

Last edited:
Quick Queue back on Kraken according to Midway Mayhem, and it's on the ride exit as before. Roll on July for multiple re-rides. Without VR of course.

Midway Mayhem often don't know what they are on about. There has been no change in the Quick Queue situation at Kraken for over a year.

Proper themed rapids!

DgIrMBIUEAAdYpx

Last edited:
Does anybody have a rough idea of when infinity falls will open? Visiting on the 10th August and I’d be gutted to miss out!

I hold my hands up if this turns out to be major! It could still be quite a minor thing, I don't really know.
We'll see I guess, depends if they are doing something to fix it properly or if they're just finding a way to get it open. You'd hope the former but I wonder if it will be the latter now we're two whole months past memorial day.

It does look beautiful though, to their credit.

So Thomas Cook have said they won’t sell tickets to any park that keeps Orcas, pretty big tour operator for the U.K. Florida route that won’t be selling SeaWorld tickets. Obviously folk can buy them with an independent ticket seller but still an interesting development.

Bad news for Seaworld. The park has always been popular with UK guests, and their wallets, due to the Fliexideal tickets and so forth. Obviously, not everyone will agree with this, but respect to Thomas Cook for taking animal welfare seriously, and regardless of your personal opinion, you have to concede that the times they-are-a-changin'.

I hope they've turned in a very special Rapids ride. o_O

Last edited:
This is not an animal welfare decision.

It has been a long time coming, unfortunately when PETA threatens a tour operator with massive protests, the pressure is enough to break them.

SeaWorld passed Thomas Cook's animal welfare inspections. This is just a PR move to avoid PETA's protests. Why have inspections if you are going to ignore their results?

The worst thing is that one of Thomas Cook's majority sharholders owns dolphinariums that still capture dolphins from the wild. Terrible, what are Thomas Cook going to do about that? Nothing!

Hundreds of us will no longer fly with Thomas Cook as a consequence.

Meanwhile the death threats are already starting on social media and SeaWorld are nearing 32,000 animal rescues :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob
Interesting development - I suspect it won’t have too much impact on Seaworld, since anyone travelling with Thomas Cook that wants to visit Seaworld can just book their tickets elsewhere very easily.

I visited Seaworld in 2016, it was a difficult decision to make for me since I am personally uncomfortable with Orca’s performing for entertainment. I went for the coasters and didn’t see any of the shows. I kind of instantly regretted it unfortunately and didn’t feel good about myself when leaving the park - so I won’t be going back whilst these shows are part of the line up at Seaworld. That’s a personal decision and I have no ill feeling towards anyone that chooses to visit - it’s saddens me on a personal level but it’s non of my business what parks people visit.

Whilst Thomas Cook may lose custom from a few die hard Seaworld fans I suspect this will be balanced out by those at the other end of the spectrum on this discussion and they may pick up a few new customers from them.

^I promise, if you saw a training session, you would be comfortable with how the Orcas are conditioned to perform behaviours. It is baby steps using positive reinforcement, no food deprivation or punishment of any kind :)

Punishment is not only inhumane but arguably the most dangerous method of animal training. A positive relationship is vital for safety, especially working with an animal as powerful as a Killer Whale.

I said there are hundreds of us who will no longer fly with Thomas Cook, however within AZA & AMMPA facilities there are thousands of staff and unpaid volunteers who will feel attacked by this ridiculous decision.