• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

SeaWorld Orlando: General Discussion

It looks like it but I think it's been said that it won't do as they don't want to use an effect that they already have in the park. Think they're going for some different effects on this.

:)

Crap? Does it really look crap? Why do some enthusiasts insist that anything which doesn't look to be better or on par with the next best of that type of coaster is rubbish or crap. If you think it looks crap then you really need to go and ride some more coasters. Here are some crap coasters:

8dodg009vj1agme3gj2r01.jpg

kssgme3i20r1dn000a0n1a.jpg

aa51t900184c5a2poc0r6o.jpg

I find with airtime coasters such as this it is impossible to know what it will be like until it is up and running; you can never be sure just how much airtime there will be. And even if it isn't an amazing coaster it doesn't make it crap. I'd be shocked if this was bad enough to be considered crap as I have never ridden a crap B&M.

/rant

I quite like 2 of the above ;)

While crap is going too far it does look very bland compared to B&Ms most recent Hypers and Gigas. This is no Shambhala but it should be similar to Silver Star, making it a very solid addition.

Reactions: Rob
I do agree it looks a bit bland. It looks alright, but certainly isn't unique from other B&M hypers. But it will still be a hell of a lot better than G-Farce or a TOGO!

I like the colour combination as well.

Not to mention its theming will set it out from the bland and generic car park hyper coaster.

Remember, there's an entire experience attached to this project, it isn't just a ride.

Looks a more enjoyable ride than Fury 325, which got so much love on here. Airtime is what hypers are about, and this has it in abundance.

Again enthusiasts being protective and on there high horse about upcoming projects! Everyone's entitled to there own opinion Rob. :)

And for your information believe I or not I do genuinely rate G Force! I'm just stating whats eye catching about this new coaster... well apart from it being tall.. Nothing!

Again enthusiasts being protective and on there high horse about upcoming projects! Everyone's entitled to there own opinion Rob. :)

And for your information believe I or not I do genuinely rate G Force! I'm just stating whats eye catching about this new coaster... well apart from it being tall.. Nothing!

How am I being on a high horse? I was merely having a little rant about something that rather frustrates me across the enthusiast community. Crap is defined as "something of extremely poor quality" - are you seriously telling me that a B&M mega coaster fits this definition? It would have to be considerably worse than the ones I have ridden to be defined as crap!

Does a coaster have to have something eye catching otherwise it gets branded as crap these days then? No wonder Merlin insist on silly gimmicks! The leaked layout of Valravn at Cedar Point is not particuarally eye catching; it does little more than Griffon which was built almost 10 years previously. I'll be interested to see if it is branded as crap also.

Again, the coaster goes up to a really high height and drops. That's it. As for Merlins "Gimmicks" Yes, I agree. However I don't feel The Smiler was a gimmick. Its a normal rollercoaster with 14 loops. That's what set it aside from other rollerocoasters, non of this gimmicky crap. TH13TEEN on the other hand, well the less said about that the better.

Still don't know how Thirteen's drop can be called a gimmick when the entire ride is designed and built around it, was the entire basis for the ride, cost millions to develop and inspired another company to make their own, cheaper version of it. If anything, the outdoors part of Thirteen is the tacked on gimmick.

Gimmick definition:
an ingenious or novel device, scheme, or stratagem, especially one designed to attract attention or increase appeal.

Gimmick is normally used as a derogative, to imply something is cheap, throwaway and cynical.

And when people say rides like this are boring or crap, it's relative. They're not saying they'd rather ride an SLC or something, it just means that there was potential for a much more interesting and unique ride, rather than something that, like this, looks like it had a minimal amount of effort put in and wouldn't stand out amongst its type even if it was built ten years ago.

Reactions: Sam