• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I Feel Down Topic.

I did 1 year of Psychology and although this doesn't mean I know everything (it takes many many years to even grasp the basics), but one thing that I did learn is that its so easy to add a problem on top of an unrelated problem and then just say that everything you do is wrong and your life is crap. Its much harder to look at all the great things you have done in your life and say how great it has been. Its almost natural to only look at the negative.

One way that helps is to almost force yourself to look at the good. Find something that you enjoy and the friends that make you happy. Keep on reminding yourself that actually you have a pretty decent life and things can get much better if you make the changes.

Its your life and you are in control of it. Its far too short to keep looking into the past and what mistakes you have made. So keep looking forward, keep making changes for the better and stay close to those who make you happy :)

Fredward said:
I'm just going to post a melodramatic statement. The thing that makes me the happiest I've ever been, also makes me secretly want to kill myself. <censored> my life, <censored> me. I hate my self.

There I said it, I hate posting depressive things on the internet, I always ignore these feelings and make it positive (or try), but I'm mildly drunk and I'm going to just say it. I hate myself. I have an ok life, great friends, nice family and if I wasn't me I would be happy.

We've had arguments that would have come to blows if we'd been in the same room, and even I think you're a really nice guy, and fun to be around. You're lovely Matt: kind, funny, friendly, calm and really smokin' hot. :)

BigDave said:
I did 1 year of Psychology and although this doesn't mean I know everything (it takes many many years to even grasp the basics), but one thing that I did learn is that its so easy to add a problem on top of an unrelated problem and then just say that everything you do is wrong and your life is crap. Its much harder to look at all the great things you have done in your life and say how great it has been. Its almost natural to only look at the negative.

One way that helps is to almost force yourself to look at the good. Find something that you enjoy and the friends that make you happy. Keep on reminding yourself that actually you have a pretty decent life and things can get much better if you make the changes.

Its your life and you are in control of it. Its far too short to keep looking into the past and what mistakes you have made. So keep looking forward, keep making changes for the better and stay close to those who make you happy :)

Hey, thanks. While I do take that advice and agree, my issue is not that I hate the world, I hate myself. Years of low self confidence, low self esteem, general self hatred, is catching up with me. While I enjoy life, love my friends, I hate the vessel I'm spending that time in. I hate myself.

Sam said:
Fredward said:
I'm just going to post a melodramatic statement. The thing that makes me the happiest I've ever been, also makes me secretly want to kill myself. <censored> my life, <censored> me. I hate my self.

There I said it, I hate posting depressive things on the internet, I always ignore these feelings and make it positive (or try), but I'm mildly drunk and I'm going to just say it. I hate myself. I have an ok life, great friends, nice family and if I wasn't me I would be happy.

We've had arguments that would have come to blows if we'd been in the same room, and even I think you're a really nice guy, and fun to be around. You're lovely Matt: kind, funny, friendly, calm and really smokin' hot. :)

Thanks, that did make me smile!

Yeah that post was just a general post and not aimed just at you. On a more personal level, I think your a sound guy and most people will agree with you.

I kinda understand about not liking your body. I hate the way I look and feel fat and old. Thats one reason I wont go to the waterpark at towers. The thing is, in my everyday life I don't really let it effect me. I am the way I am and although Im not really happy about my body, I don't really care too much about what others thing unless Im put into a tricky situation.

BigDave said:
Yeah that post was just a general post and not aimed just at you. On a more personal level, I think your a sound guy and most people will agree with you.

I kinda understand about not liking your body. I hate the way I look and feel fat and old. Thats one reason I wont go to the waterpark at towers. The thing is, in my everyday life I don't really let it effect me. I am the way I am and although Im not really happy about my body, I don't really care too much about what others thing unless Im put into a tricky situation.

I also utterly hate how I look due to the mess of acne and scars that cover me so would refuse to go in the water park. It usually doesn't bother me however.

E in Chemistry.....I can't go home

There really is that many mistakes in my posts?! Damn this Tapatalk milarky! :)

I can't believe what has happened. :mad: Not so long ago, I agreed to deliver phonebooks round around my area for some money...until I found out that I've been scammed!

After handing delivering one of the books, the owner of the house came to me and said that she's already had one last night, as well as everyone else on this large street I was on. I asked who was it and she said that a man and woman in a white van had been around and had been working on the patch that I've been assigned to, so I have spent a rainy Thursday morning delivering phonebooks all or NOTHING!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Not much of feeling down, I just needed to let off some steam, but really, I'm furious with this.

Gutted. I was predicated 3 A*s for my science modules, I'd worked really hard on them this time. But I only ended up with 2 Bs and an A. I know others put this into perspective but the disappointment is very much personal. I know I could've done better. It looks like my plans to become and optician are closing up fast. I know the performance I gave in the biology exam deserved more than a B so I can't help wondering if this is some evil government plan.... :p

QTXAdsy said:
I can't believe what has happened. :mad: Not so long ago, I agreed to deliver phonebooks round around my area for some money...until I found out that I've been scammed!

After handing delivering one of the books, the owner of the house came to me and said that she's already had one last night, as well as everyone else on this large street I was on. I asked who was it and she said that a man and woman in a white van had been around and had been working on the patch that I've been assigned to, so I have spent a rainy Thursday morning delivering phonebooks all or NOTHING!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Not much of feeling down, I just needed to let off some steam, but really, I'm furious with this.

Gutted... but also... phone books still exist?!

I had a great night out with my parents and wouldn't change anything for the world but not everything has been a bed of roses tonight and I would like to get things off my chest and find out your opinions on the subject matter. When I was half way drunk my mom tried convincing me to go and speak to a girl but at that point in time I was not comfortable with it and myself so I decided not to as I was a where that I was either; one to nervous and two thought I didn't have a chance so I didn't do it and missed my chance.

After the venue we were at closed we decided the night was too young to quit so we went to a different place. I had a few more drinks in my system after a while at this new place and my confidence was getting stronger as alcohol can do to you if your confidence isn't as great as mine. I saw a girl who was sat on her own looking kind of bored so now with some Dutch courage in my system I asked her to dance. She declined the offer and I wasn't too fussed about it and thought hey ho that's life and didn't make a big fuss about it and carried on with my night thinking, I tried but if she doesn't want to join me for a dance it was her decision and it wasn't anything against me.

A few hours later I was dancing (like a fricken loon as usual with the thought of who gives a crap about what they think of me as long as I was enjoying myself that’s all that mattered) and saw some attractive girls/women dancing and thought I would try and join in with them. As usual a lot of guys were battling for their attention (guys that where more attractive and confident than me) and after a while of not getting anywhere I decided to admit defeat and try elsewhere. This still didn’t fuss me (we not enough to get upset over it too much anyway) and gracefully gave up and got over it rather quickly for me anyway. What next is what destroyed me completely and killed the confidence the drink once gave me.

After this defeat I decided to try with some other women/girls that weren't getting as much attention. I guesgered them to dance with me and all that happened was they laughed in my face. As you can imagine It destroyed me and all my confidence I had built up was gone and it set me back years. It took me back to years ago at school discos when I was the only person who was left with no one to dance with at the slow dances. It made me think, what is wrong with me and what am I doing so wrong for me to be ignored like this? Why do these girls seam to with cocks like that (which I guess is unfair as I don't really know these guys but just by the way they were treating the girls they seemed like utter (excuse my French) wankers.)

I am a sweet guy with lots to give and I would treat any girl like a princess so why do they go for these cocks that would treat them like poo. I guess I will never really understand the female form like so many men before me. But I digress; it really put me down and made me feel inferior, at the end of the day, what have I got to offer to the opposite sex. In my honest opinion I truly believe absolutely nothing what so ever!. I shouldn't put every girl/women in the same category but It seems after years of being treated like poo by girls/women most (not all) women are after nothing but a guy who is a right utter bar stool. Yes I believe I can be a right bar stool at times but I can't be a utter bar stool for long without feeling so bad that I can't help but apologies for it.
When it come to it at the end of the day that's there decision. What gets me is the fact they have the audacity to go out with cocks then complain about It and desire a guy who will treat them well and are the romantic types. You made your bed so you should lie in it, there are plenty of guy's who are willing to give their life and heart to a girl/women but they always make the same mistake time and again and never learn the lesson. Don't moan about your mistake if you don't learn from it.

I shouldn't care that the girls/women have made a choice and may regret there decision in the morning as long as I'm not the mistake but that doesn't seem to make me feel any better. I should respect women enough to not just want to just have sex and leave them in the morning but at the moment all I can think about is myself and making myself feel better as I'm the number one priority, but at the end of the day why should I make someone feel worse just to make myself feel better? It's not right and certainly not gentleman like but I'm so down I don't know what to make me feel better. Saying that if I did have a one night stand I wouldn't just be the guy to up and run, I would stay in till the morning and at least cook her breakfast.

Maybe I've just become a cynic over the years due to experiances,it will end up with me becoming bitter and with no one to love but it's so hard to try and change your view of the world after such a long time of crap. Hopeful things will pay off but until then I'm not sure what to do.

Your opinions are welcome and I would take any advice on the chin. I also appologise If my post has offened anyone of the forum, especially the female members. I know none of you are like this and I'm sorry for generalising but this is how I see it though my thoughts and feelings at present. I hope you can understand.

Can I just point something out?

I am a sweet guy with lots to give and I would treat any girl like a princess

What gets me is the fact they have the audacity to go out with cocks then complain about It and desire a guy who will treat them well and are the romantic types. You made your bed so you should lie in it, there are plenty of guy's who are willing to give their life and heart to a girl/women but they always make the same mistake time and again and never learn the lesson. Don't moan about your mistake if you don't learn from it.

This really screams Nice Guy syndrome: http://geekfeminism.wikia.com/wiki/Nice_guy_syndrome

On another note, don't feel too bad about being rejected on a night out, and try not to take it too personally. There could be plenty of reasons as to why they aren't interested, but if you are after more than a one night stand I highly recommend looking in places that aren't clubs or bars.

Thanks for putting up with my drunken rant last night. lol At the moment I don't know what I want wether it's a casual thing or something with more substance. To be honest I would be happy with either. I'm not sure why I put myself up to getting hurt. After the years of it happening (going back to school) I should have learnt my lesson along time ago but alas I keep doing it and hitting the floor; so to speak. I still can't seam to handle rejection but should by now with my history.

Due to my dyspraxia I have never had a very high level of self esteem and have always felt inferior because of this. My confidence can be rather shakey at the best of times and to be laughed at and feel humiliated just doesn't help me to feel like I'm worth something. My confidence can be rather weird though; I've been on stage in many productions at the theatre in front of about 1000 people and I've sang in talent competitions and karaoke since I was young (ok I've never won anything as the compitition was of a higher standard than me but It never bothered me as I love to entertain) but when it comes to talking with a girl/women that I like I'm a nervious wreck unless I've been plyed with drink and then It doesn't help.

When I was in university, I had a group of friends that I thought the world of. But after graduation, they cut me out of their lives, and it had transpired that they made fun of me for being a transsexual behind my back. Now, almost two years later, one of them has decided to add me on Facebook. But what I'm really annoyed about is that for all this time I had it planned on what I would say to them should I ever get the chance. I'm now being handed this oppurtunity, and yet I'm stumped on what to do. Should I block them, like they previously blocked me? Should I go all out on them? Or maybe hear them out? I'm so annoyed at myself for these feelings.

AshleeKel said:
Should I block them? Should I go all out on them? Or maybe hear them out? I'm so annoyed at myself for these feelings.

You are a really nice person, and this is why you are having mixed feeling. maybe you should ask them politely why they want to be FB friends with a Transsexual they took the mick out of?

I hate being bullied by my brother. He's simply done it to me because "That's what all Brothers do", but according to older members of my family, my Dad and my Uncle got along just fine with each other. He's horrible little (Insert insult here), He doesn't acknowledge the fact that I have Asperger's and he doesn't consider it a "real Disability", so he basically doesn't understand how I see things to other people and he continues to call me names which I don't like. The worst part is that I do NOTHING to him (Don't even talk to him anymore) but he just randomly goes up to me and calls me names for the sake of it.

He's done this for years and I'm so sick of it. My Mum always tells him off but it's useless, he continues to wind me up because "That's what all brothers do". Just wished he'd treat me fairly and actually look after me (He's older than me BTW)

Anyone can give any advice? :(

You should literally ignore him, don't give him the satisfaction of a reaction whatsoever and forget that it is 'what brothers do'. If you were both teasing each other for fun then yes it would be what you both do as siblings but, considering how he refuses to acknowledge your own problems and refuses to stop, it isn't right for him to continue like this. Most siblings grow out of this by the time they're young adults but that doesn't mean he has the right to continue his behaviour.

Rowe said:
You should literally ignore him, don't give him the satisfaction of a reaction whatsoever and forget that it is 'what brothers do'. If you were both teasing each other for fun then yes it would be what you both do as siblings but, considering how he refuses to acknowledge your own problems and refuses to stop, it isn't right for him to continue like this. Most siblings grow out of this by the time they're young adults but that doesn't mean he has the right to continue his behaviour.

I do try to ignore what he says to me, sometimes it works, other times it doesn't. I try to avoid him as much as possible. The thing is that I don't tease him, I'm not really the kind of brother to do that, as I don't do this thing to my other brother (Who I get along with just fine). It just doesn't care if I don't see the why he treats me like other people do. I hope he grows out of this behaviour as he is 19, yes he's nineteen...he should have stop acting like this years ago, and he needs to stop it soon.

I appreciate the advice Rowe, Thanks for the help.

TedTheHuman, what is the age gap between you and your brother.

Me and my brother (he older) have a 4 year gap. he called me name and took the mick. When he was 20 i commented on it in front of my parents, using the line " at 20 you are meant to be a adult, but your not acting it towards me. I wonder what your friends and work mates would think if they seen how you act towards me!! think about it" then walk off.
after a couple of weeks settled down, still talks down to me but no mick taking or name calling.

I don't know if this will work for you, as i don't know the family dynamics.

Are you still in school and have access to SEN teacher, as it my be worth seeing them and explaining what is happening and how it make you feel. they may be able to offer support to you, and sometime a quick "we are worried" call from school may walk your parent up to the problem he causing you.

I'm sick of my dizzy spells. At first, I thought it was my anti-androgens, but it turned it my hormone levels are perfectly fine. Then I thought it might be something that could be tested with my blood - like diabetes or anaemia - but my blood test results were apparently really good. Then I thought it could be related to stress - after all, my previous job was stressful beyond belief. But now I have a newer, more relaxing job I still have to take breaks because I'm dizzy. Frankly, I'm starting to get worried. There must be a reason behind what's happening.