• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TS Half Term Meet: 16-17 February 2013

Re: NEXT MEET: TS Half Term Meet: 16-17 February 2013

ive just got told were the maddest people to go to towers in freezing feb :)
so i just said it helps if your kinda mad lol

it should be called the freaks freezing feb meet :) or the FFF lol

Poison Tom 96 said:
e4kenndr said:
Any other first timers thinking about attending this? Would feel better if I wasn't the only one lol

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Last Feb H/T was my first meet......everyone was great :D Come along, you won't regret it!

Oh Yes! i forgot it was your first meet! with the bad trains :)

Dan! said:
Poison Tom 96 said:
e4kenndr said:
Any other first timers thinking about attending this? Would feel better if I wasn't the only one lol

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Last Feb H/T was my first meet......everyone was great :D Come along, you won't regret it!

Oh Yes! i forgot it was your first meet! with the bad trains :)

I love spending an hour on Derby station in -10 degrees -_- :p

Ah well, was well worth it :D

AshleeKel said:
I'm considering coming on the Saturday maybe. Is it easy getting from Stoke train station to Alton Towers? Also, what time would people be meeting?

The bus from Stoke to Towers is a bit MISERY Barnes to be honest so it might be worth saving up for a taxi instead as the bus takes you an hour as Vicky says. I don't know quite so much about how much easier it is to get to Uttoxeter but if possible, and this is always the case at some point, then grab a lift off somebody who's passing Stoke or Uttox through asking here.

I'm picking up from Uttox and possibly Retford on the Sat morning if anyone needs a lift and after this weekend my car will be valeted! :p

I shall be there both days, 'Vane on the Sat night... shall try not to be as much a misery as I was the weekend just gone! :)

Natalie said:
I'm picking up from Uttox and possibly Retford on the Sat morning if anyone needs a lift and after this weekend my car will be valeted! :p

I shall be coming on the Saturday for definite! Would I be able to pinch a lift off you on the Sat morning? If that's no trouble? :)

Will you be picking up from Uttox Station? If so, what time will you be there? Thanks in advance!

As of now I have Wilsy, Ben. his +1 and now Voke so my car is now full. It all depends what time Chris wants to get to the train station if he would get there for 9am there might be a Starbucks in it for him! I will be there for 9am and if Chris is not we can just go to Maccies or Starbucks for some breakfast?

How are the buses from Uttox train station now days? It's been 5odd years since I last came to Towers by train, is it still the 32A? :)

Yes it is, don't know the timetables are so you will have to check that yourself.

OK cool well I'll be heading down the M62 then M1 and so on so if anybody wants a lift..

although saying that I might not be able to get you back again as I wont be heading back that night - heading to Derby

facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/e4kenndr

Google+:

https://plus.google.com/112461116394460941757/posts

Don't let the crazy face scare you off adding me though, I'm perfectly sane *Dr Kelman style grin 8-D

hehe

Rough route if wanna see if makes it easier for anyone:

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Market+Weighton,+United+Kingdom&daddr=Alton,+ST10+4DB,+UK&hl=en&ll=53.396432,-1.277161&spn=1.596786,4.22699&sll=53.600185,-1.1502&sspn=1.589114,4.22699&geocode=FbHhNQMd9uv1_ym9fsig5tp4SDH28iBcce88Aw%3BFZyJKAMdcy7j_yldy1bxXxZ6SDH-3CiXa3_oFQ&oq=market+weighton&t=h&mra=ls&z=9

Aside from Dave participating in some form of enthusiast only cannibalism, What do u guys do when it comes to eating usually? All sit down together or just grab stuff as and when people want on the way round? (fussy eater here)

We tend to splinter when it comes to food. Members tend to eat wherever they want, usually given an hour around 12 or 1, then meet back up at a ride entrance at a particular time.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

Looks like I'm getting to Uttoxeter for 9am then!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Anyone else getting the train and going through Notts/Derby/Uttox early on? I get into Uttox just after 9, wouldn't mind a train buddy :)

LiamC said:
Anyone else getting the train and going through Notts/Derby/Uttox early on? I get into Uttox just after 9, wouldn't mind a train buddy :)

I'll be getting the 8:42 train from Derby to Uttox at 9:05. If that's your train, I'll be more than happy to meet you on there and get the bus with a few other members. :)

Georgiaa said:
LiamC said:

I'll be getting the 8:42 train from Derby to Uttox at 9:05. If that's your train, I'll be more than happy to meet you on there and get the bus with a few other members. :)

Yeahhhh train friend

I think I might get the train from Euston to Uttoxeter, it gets in just before 9 so I can get the bus :)

Just to also add that COD is coming and is in my room in t'Vane on Sat night!